S l o w

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwizard
Freshman

S l o w

Hughes, you're killing me slowly over here. I pay for high speed, and I get this, today's screenshot:

(Oh, screenshots not pastable) 699 kbps . . . AKA: Dial up.

BORING!

I quit for six weeks and went to Starlink, the problems wasn't speed,  and the list is long, so I came back to Hughes.

For month Hughes rewarded me with, what's it called, oh yes, High Speed. THEN, slam, back to dialup. What's that about?

I want the High Speed part back, if you would please. Thanks. bwizard

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607
For more information on running these tests, check this page: https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/internet/how-check-your-speed-performance

MarkJFine
Professor

Dialup is 56kbps. You're doing more than 10x that. Hyperbole much?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

MJFine,

What are you  a professor of: submission? Hyperbole is selling "High Speed" internet providing 25 mbs that actually comes in under 1mbs, or as I have clocked it: 699 kbps. I have also clocked it a .05 kbps. The difference is between M and K.  I've used real high speed internet and that is what Hughes is supposed to deliver, not anything less. The contrast between High speed and Dial up isn't necessarily in the numbers, it is in the . . . what's it called . . . speed of delivery. It's the difference between a video loading and playing and a watching a video load one line at a time.

Submit to paying for something that isn't being delivered and you'll submit to just about anything. Things like a political party killing energy independence and submission to high gasoline and home fuel prices, shipping delays, fear mongering, government created inflation, and all the other short comings we read about in the newspaper created on purpose by the temporary government of today.

Get what you pay for and don't be so willing to settle for a lot less. Hughes Net can do better and it should, for my money and yours.

Disclaimer: I'm just a guy trying to work the internet that runs at a speed for which I pay. I'm not an employee of Hughes or a supporter of accepting less than paid for, unlike some Hughes Net customers who would rather distract by insult than challenge a problem and correct it.

GabeU

@bwizard 

So is your purpose here to ask for help or just post some bombastic complaint?  If the former, I suggest you respectfully ask for it.  If the latter, social media is that way... ----->>>

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

I hereby respectfully ask, "How can I get high speed internet from Huges Net?"

I pay for it, I should have it. No kbps is high speed. 19 to 25 Mbps is high speed.

Please, let me know the solution to the s l o w speed. I know it is not on my end. I suspect an over stuffed server on Hughes end. I could be wrong. What do I know? I no 'professor.'

GabeU

If you want help with your speed issues, you'll need to run the following tests, and in the manner instructed...

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

I have the same problem. If I have to disconnect all the cables then why not just forget wireless and go back to the days of dial up. I'm saving up the money to pay the cancellation fee. thank you 

P.s it takes about 3 min just to log in to hughes web site

maratsade

You may want to start your own ticket under the Tech Support section.  To do so, click the blue button labeled "Start a topic," explain the issue and provide the required evidence.  If you work with the reps to try to fix issues and they can't fix them, it may benefit you in terms of the cancellation fine.  

@realmenow wrote:

P.s it takes about 3 min just to log in to hughes web site

maratsade

"I pay for it, I should have it. No kbps is high speed. 19 to 25 Mbps is high speed."

You pay for the data, not the speed. If you read the disclaimers on the website and the subscriber agreement, you will see that speed and performance are not guaranteed. 

However, the speed you're seeing is pretty awful; running speed tests over maybe a day or two would be your best bet right now.