Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

SCMA error

@Liz , The error from the weekend is back:

State Code 12.1.12 -- SCMA Transmission error rate is high

Can't reach the internet.

Anyone else on SDO seeing this?  @MarkJFine ?

20 REPLIES 20
maratsade

Getting two new messages:

23.1.4 -- some backbones are down

23.1.1 -- all PEP backbones are down

Yup. Had a 12.1.14 from 19:07:50-19:08:50, then went straight to 12.1.12 and been dead ever since.
Doing this on 1 bar of LTE.
If I didn’t know better I’d say This was a severe loading issue. If so, all these streamers can GET OFF MY LAWN. Lol

Edit: I should add that even on LTE, Twitter is having issues too. Wonder if CL finally gave up the ghost.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Yep, down with the streamers!  LOL

My Verizon hotspot is abysmal. 

Hi maratsade,

No engineering reports for SDO at the moment. I can check later to see if this is a bigger issue.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Can you see the errors from your side, @Liz ?

I added on this connectivity thing onto your iMessage update to the engineers so that they're aware.

From what I can see in the diagnostics, it's reporting rain at your site as well as at the GW. The status does say degraded for the GW, but it's unclear if the weather is the cause. 

It just got dark here and started raining here in MD too... I'll let you know once I have any news from engineering.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Holy Cow... It's actually raining in San Diego!

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

it just occurred to me that usually when it's local weather, the SQF drops real low (<30).

When these things crop up the SQF here is ~100.

Weird

maratsade

End times, mate. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Holy Cow... It's actually raining in San Diego!

And even that's not going to make me religious.

maratsade

Well, it's a little late to get religion during the end times. 😉

@MarkJFine wrote:

And even that's not going to make me religious.

maratsade

And BTW, what is an SCMA error, anyway?? 

scrambled code multiple access
Now from that, I’m guessing that is the wrapper on data stream and it either wasn’t able to decode it or there was some repeated CRC checksum errors on packets.

maratsade

Hm. I think you just lapsed into Vietnamese. 😜

@MarkJFine wrote:
scrambled code multiple access
Now from that, I’m guessing that is the wrapper on data stream and it either wasn’t able to decode it or there was some repeated CRC checksum errors on packets.

Aaaaand it's out again.

maratsade

Yep. I wonder what causes it. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Aaaaand it's out again.

Either the rain in San Diego or it's just overloaded. Seriously thinking the latter, because it's only drizzling in SD right now.

maratsade

That'd make sense, with everything being so clogged. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Either the rain in San Diego or it's just overloaded. Seriously thinking the latter, because it's only drizzling in SD right now.

I recognize that this thread is from last month, but I've now (8/18/20) got this error. Had tech out last week who re-aligned our satellite dish, and replaced our modem (which he said was bad, and dish mis-aligned) - and now dropped packets, 12.1.12 system status, errors, uplink 'x's', DNS acceleration 'x's'. We've been forced to use Hughes based on where we live, but have to say the service is really horrible - and double horrible since it's very expensive.

Very tired of the hour long calls to support, and the lack of resolution. Tech did say we should get a newer antenna dish as our's is old, and we're paying a lot for the serivce.

Blah

Hi G2,

Thanks for reaching out. This thread is 4 months old and refers to a different area from yours so I will close this one.

I've already started investigating your account and have sent a command to your modem. Please power cycle your modem and start a new thread to let me know when the modem is back online after power cycling. Power cycling is unplugging the modem's power cord from its power brick, waiting 30 seconds, then replugging.

Thanks,

Liz