cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCMA error

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: SCMA error

And even that's not going to make me religious.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Well, it's a little late to get religion during the end times. Smiley Wink

@MarkJFine wrote:

And even that's not going to make me religious.

Highlighted

And BTW, what is an SCMA error, anyway?? 

Highlighted
Associate Professor

scrambled code multiple access
Now from that, I’m guessing that is the wrapper on data stream and it either wasn’t able to decode it or there was some repeated CRC checksum errors on packets.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

Hm. I think you just lapsed into Vietnamese. ;P

@MarkJFine wrote:
scrambled code multiple access
Now from that, I’m guessing that is the wrapper on data stream and it either wasn’t able to decode it or there was some repeated CRC checksum errors on packets.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Aaaaand it's out again.

Highlighted

Yep. I wonder what causes it. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Aaaaand it's out again.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Either the rain in San Diego or it's just overloaded. Seriously thinking the latter, because it's only drizzling in SD right now.

Highlighted

That'd make sense, with everything being so clogged. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Either the rain in San Diego or it's just overloaded. Seriously thinking the latter, because it's only drizzling in SD right now.

Highlighted
New Poster

I recognize that this thread is from last month, but I've now (8/18/20) got this error. Had tech out last week who re-aligned our satellite dish, and replaced our modem (which he said was bad, and dish mis-aligned) - and now dropped packets, 12.1.12 system status, errors, uplink 'x's', DNS acceleration 'x's'. We've been forced to use Hughes based on where we live, but have to say the service is really horrible - and double horrible since it's very expensive.

Very tired of the hour long calls to support, and the lack of resolution. Tech did say we should get a newer antenna dish as our's is old, and we're paying a lot for the serivce.

Blah