Hughesnet Community

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertfitzgeral1

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very frustrated with HughesNet. Two months of SLOW speeds, tech comes out points me to a different position. Now here we go, Slow speeds and I can't even hardly get my emails, and web pages taking forever to load! When does this STOP??? Here is my ESN:10142872. Can you PLEASE FIX THIS! And before you ask me, there's nothing wrong with my equipment and everything has been trouble shooted more than 20 times in 2 months. Even when the tech was here. Again here is my ESN:10142872. I look forward to an EMAIL with how you will be resolving this issue. Been ongoing for 2 years.
89 REPLIES 89
Rick Chenault

Slow speeds seem to be a common theme here.  I am in Carriere Ms, are you in the same area.  If one more tech support person tells me to reboot I am going to loose it.
robertfitzgeral1

Hi Rick! No, Virginia.  I've rebooted my modem more than I start my car! It never helps and I know always excuses. They want me to now use testmy.net however this uses up your data quickly. They promise to give "tokens" not sure how they will work. They have their own SpeedTest program on the dashboard so that will have to work. I'm tired to trying everything. Yes, if you do a google search on the internet, thousands of complaints. I'm calling corporate today. I'm just too tired to keep fooling with them. 2 years of this is enough. Calling Centurylink today!
Amanda

Thank you Robert

We have added in some token bytes which will automatically be used from your bucket when you have exceeded your allowance. Whatever Token bandwidth you don't use moves over into the next month. We're still waiting on the 12MB tests to get an idea of what is happening.

Thanks
Amanda
robert fitzgera

http://testmy.net/db/-fMnFodPp HI Amanda!  Well this is really odd to say the least! I never have these types of speeds and you can look at the speed test I run on under the dashboard. It's so odd, I called in today and spoke with someone, they ran test and behold I have super fast speeds. I found out my contract was up last month so I'm no longer obligated to Hughes. Pulled my credit card from billing today as well. I do want some answers before I decide whether or not to move on to Excede in the next two months. Thank you!
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

That's a very good speed, especially for that time in the early evening.   
donsjgm
Junior

Robert, I hear that Excede's services aren't superior to HN. Talk is they're virtually the same. HN is a larger company and has more resources behind them. I've seen many posts here of users complaining that they came to HN because of the service there. I also hear that the angle of the dish is lower so if there are any trees or obstructions to be concerned about, let me suggest you do some research.
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Just go hang around the Brand Ex Community Forum for a while. You'll see the sames kinds of issues there: https://community.exede.com/exede

Satellite Internet feels different and is different than terrestrial. There's just no way getting around that.

Bouncing stuff off a satellite 22,000 miles out in space takes a little more trickery and fiddling to get the technology to work. Sometimes I'm amazed it even works at all...
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
GabeU

don, I've seen the lower angle of Excede's sat mentioned a couple of times on here, too.  That would kill it for me.  Hughesnet's sat angle is barely over my trees as it is.  LOL. 
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

...sames kinds of issues there
Heh, I sound like Popeye 🙂
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

robertfitzgeral1

Though I understand what is being said about my speeds, like I said something is very odd!  It was 1/2 of that until I called in yesterday and spoke with Roger at Corporate! Now the speeds are running Higher!  So though they might be good NOW, they will slow back down if I'm not monitoring and complaining about it. As soon as I complain they automatically jump way up!  Please keep that in mind!  I've been doing this for 1 year now!
GabeU

Robert,

One thing I can guarantee you is that they are not waiting until you are no longer watching your speeds to throttle them.  If, in fact, they actually did anything, then the speeds will stay good until there is an actual problem, not a manufactured one.  If they didn't do anything, and you got good speeds, then just hope they stay the same.  No one is out to get you.  No one is going to deliberately slow your speeds.  They don't do that.  The number one thing that begins to slow speeds is more people online, hence the sometimes large drop in speeds during peak times. 

Again, no one is going to deliberately throttle you when you finally aren't looking. 

robertfitzgeral1

Gabe, I appreciate your response. but it's just very odd that my speed will slow down even during the FREE time. I'll send emails and call Corporate and then the next day or even the same day speed will go from super slow to extremely fast all day and even during the peak times!  Odd!  How else would this be explained. I have all the data and the emails that can back each other up to show that 1 week before I emailed and my speeds were posted between 2am and 8am and then afternoons and then evens were very slow. I emailed ran speed test the following day for over a week and super fast speeds? Can you provide me with anything that would justify this?  Thanks!
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

All Hughes users share the same resource , that is the capacity of Echostar17 .. that will be broken down into 60 "beams". Each beam serves the users in its footprint. That beam will upload/download to a gateway facility. The gateway will have your assigned servers. You share capacity on those servers with other users . At times there will be more users connected and therefore speeds will slow during those periods.
While upgrades are always being done no company can build out to 150%.
Satellite will not, can not have the same consistency of ground based ISPs
robertfitzgeral1

Okay, okay, okay to everyone! Whew, I'm worn out!  It's just not worth it any longer and sorry I posted at all. Thanks for all the feedback and comments. Luckily my contract was over as of last month and with all this feedback it helped me to make an informed decision. I've just signed up with Centurylink and have an install for Friday 4/8. I decided after all of this to go else where. I've been battling this for over a year and "I" know something is wrong. I've seen hundreds of other people complaining of the same thing all over the internet. I do have knowledge of how the SAT internet works, speeds depending on time of day and all that good stuff! All of this is such OLD news to me.  All I can state are the facts: I print out my test results different times per day all week. I email support or call Corporate. I then start checking speeds and then they amazingly start working extremely fast for weeks and then just fall off!  The I restart the process and then the speeds start up again!  Its' not rocket science to put 2 and 2 together. I have the raw data and the emails and the comps!  Thanks and I'm so looking forward to my Centurylink on Friday!
robertfitzgeral1

Yes sir! I did
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Hope your close to a switch, I came from Centurylink in 2008 because the lines between me and the switch were just good enough to make the connection, but every week or so I would lose connection and it would take another week for them to come fix it and its always a patch no new wires to the house, after a year of that I switch to hughesnet, plus centurylink could only give me 3Mbps when it was running good
robertfitzgeral1

Hey Charles!  Yes, I'm only a few thousand feet from the switch and can get 10Mbps unlimited for $34.95 with a 2 year contract. I had them before Hughes and could only get 1.5 so I left for something better which was actually worse! I never had any issues and the Tech is my neighbor. So I don't have to worry about our internet here as I'm sure he doesn't want to lose his. 
donsjgm
Junior

Robert, I must say, I'm glad I'm not your neighbor.
robertfitzgeral1

Don I'm glad you aren't too! You are RUDE! I've seen other post you reply to!  Are you an unhappy person or do you just like to be a smart *** to other people. If you can't say something nice then PLEASE keep your opinions to yourself! Grow up! LOL  There's one in every bunch and here you are! 
donsjgm
Junior

Robert, in your case I meant to be rude! 
I come here to help as many people as I can!
After WAY TOO MANY of your whingy posts I just couldn't stand anymore of your condescending comments!!!

I'll determine the appropriateness of this response, my last to you, by the number of people who Like it.