Hughesnet Community

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertfitzgeral1

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very frustrated with HughesNet. Two months of SLOW speeds, tech comes out points me to a different position. Now here we go, Slow speeds and I can't even hardly get my emails, and web pages taking forever to load! When does this STOP??? Here is my ESN:10142872. Can you PLEASE FIX THIS! And before you ask me, there's nothing wrong with my equipment and everything has been trouble shooted more than 20 times in 2 months. Even when the tech was here. Again here is my ESN:10142872. I look forward to an EMAIL with how you will be resolving this issue. Been ongoing for 2 years.
89 REPLIES 89
robertfitzgeral1

Really!  Ha ha!  If you don't like my post about being unhappy with service or the constant problems don't read it! NO body ask for your smart attitude!  It's people like you in this world (nasty/rude) that are helping to make people become hostile and create hate!  You really need to take a HARD look in the mirror at yourself! One day "KARMA"!  Always remember what goes around comes back. You do "nasty" and it will come back to you in some form!  Kindness will get  you a long way in this world!  Food for thought!  I'll say a prayer for you tonight!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Robert, have to say it is not HughesNet fault you had crappy service previously from Centurylink and it magically improved because you have a neighbor on the inside. So you tried satellite because of crappy ground based service and now going back because you won the lottery with a convenient neighbor. Good for you!

HughesNet can function extremely well if one takes the time to learn how to manage data and tweaks a few things software and router wise on their end. True, latency is what it is with satellite and not the provider's fault. Plus it has to be capped to prevent crippling the system.

And here I am tonight:

Good luck with your new (old) ISP.
Mordacious

Hey Don,

So this guy leaves Century Link because he is unhappy with them
I had them before Hughes and could only get 1.5 so I left for something better
He came to Hughesnet where we get speeds like this...

But only if you take the time to configure your system and now he is unhappy with Hughesnet (and I haven't seen him ask for any help) and going back to Century Link?

Am I following this correctly????

And the definition of insanity would be???????????

Frankly Don, I think you were kind.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Guys, the truth is he doesn't like the cap. It was so fast he burnt through the data in no time doing what people do on ground based unlimited (not really) internet. Being in FAP all the time does suck but that is on the user.
Pretty much the story for many new customers who post complaints here. Why can't I watch as much HD video as I want and download as many huge files as I want?
Answer: This is more like cell phone data, you must monitor and manage it, plus have some self-control with what you do online.
donsjgm
Junior

Dang it Bill, I told you I was getting to be more like you the longer I hung around here.
donsjgm
Junior

I had no issue with the guy even though I took him as a constant complainer until all the condescension and that wasn't directed at me. I started to be rude yesterday but decided to leave well enough alone and he was leaving anyway. By today, I just couldn't stand it any longer.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Trust me, I understand, it does get old. Jeez, people take no personal responsibility these days. Believe sales people, come on! Way too easy to research before buying in this information society.
Not like anyone is putting a gun to anybody's head or threatening to bust some kneecaps if they don't purchase a service.
No excuse to be an uneducated consumer in today's world IMO. No excuse. Heck, go to the library and use their computers to research if need be.
EDIT: Sorry nobody knows what a library is today, my bad.  😞
Mordacious

Good things do happen here!
Mordacious

It really amazes me when someone is leaving but they feel the need to continually post their negative garbage. If you're leaving, leave. 9 times out of 10 the reason your service stunk is because you never asked for help or when it was offered you decided it was easier to just blame Hughesnet. We all know what can happen when someone asks for help and then follows the advice they get from everyone here.

Mostly I think these people are just lonely, they want someone to beg them to stay.... 'Oh please, don't go, we'd miss you and you would so hurt our feelings if you left with bad feelings'

Frankly, if you're leaving then go, don't let the door knob hit you where the good lord split you. I won't lose any sleep over it, I won't shed a tear and I doubt any one else will.

So long, fare well,  Auf Wiedersehen, good bye

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Well, the upside is that it leaves more bandwidth for the others on his beam.

Personally, it sounds like the OP now has another option and is just looking for justification and maybe a chance to avoid the ETF.

The above could have been avoided with a little research and the application of some common sense.

robertfitzgeral1

Okay, I know everyone like to post about facts they don't have as I read this so let me address them and maybe then you can keep lies to yourselfs and not make up stuff. 1st yes I did have Centurylink because we had POOR speeds and I could get nothing faster! (FACT) Now we have 10Mbps! 2nd (FACT) before you say I haven't asked for help stop LYING! You see, I've been asking for help for almost 2 years now from Hughesnet as I've stated in post! How can any of you LIE and say I have not!  I've called several times. Technician has been out and found issues NOT with my equipment but on Hughes! So see again you don't know which end is up!  3rd, Technician came out and pointed me to another Gateway! He advised when he tested during NON peak hours the gateway was bottlenecked! (fact). Again, you don't know which end is up!  4th, I've NEVER used or capped my service, who told you that????  I have 50Mbps night and 20Mbps during the day!  So who told you that??? Someone made that up or someone is lying yet again! (FACT). The only time I was almost at my cap and was down to 5Mbps was 1 month ago from running all of those testmy.net test!  I was given tokens. Then this month I'm using up date by I have 12Megs left out of my 20 so again I have NOT used up my data!  Did you know that or are you just making up crap to make yourself look good!  Again, know the facts before you open your mouth about someone elses account!  It amazes me how people can stick their nose into someones elses business and make negative comments. Why are you on here just to put people down or to as you stated "HELP". You said I didn't ask for help so again, I have been for 2 years which is a matter of fact. Then I started again in January of this year, last month and then the tech was out yet again. So my radio on the dish was bad last year causing slow speeds.  Then it worked a while. Next the modem had issues the HT1000. I was upgraded to the HT1100 then the wiring from the dish into the house was bad, slow speeds. Now the tech out again stating Gateway was congested and he pointed me to another gateway.  A few days ago Roger at corporate looked and he too moved me to another gateway and then the speeds jumped up fast, even during PEAK hours.  So AGAIN before any of you say something you know NOTHING about, keep the pie hole closed. Ask questions and then speak!  Of course based off these comments it seems you weren't taught that as a child! Though, It's not too late to learn now since I've brought this to your attention. Also, Centurylink when I was using them before YES I left due to 1.5Megs. Now I can get 10Megs. I'm happy with that! SO PLEASE I hope this post SHUTS up all those people who are so JUVENILE and feel you need to make Lying/negative comments about someone else without all the facts!  Looks Like I need to say Prayers to quite a few you as you need them badly.  REMEMBER "KARMA" when you do bad or say something that's not true about someone or harm someone like you are me by accusing me of lying, etc. It all comes back around!!!!  I hope you get the message. I'm going to report each of you today to HUGHES about all of this lying and negative comments you've been making about my post and I hope you are blocked by them from making further post and harming someone else!  You all are so SAD!
robertfitzgeral1

Oh BirdDog!  I meant to address you personally as well, WHAT CAP????? Have I ever mention anything about a cap?  NO I haven't, I've been speaking about super slow speeds!!!!!!!  I should not have SLOW speeds both during the free time and the paid time. I don't know why they call you a Champion as you clearly don't know what you are speaking of either!  Caps on service! What a joke!  Ask Amanda if I've had any caps on my service in two years!  NO I HAVE NOT!  So stop lying as well!  And you can also ask her if I have ever used up all my data and needed tokens! NO I HAVE NOT!  Get your story straight or SHUT UP!
robertfitzgeral1

Gwalk900Champion, what the crap are you talking about. Two years of asking for help, January this year asking for help, last month asking for help. So with all the HELP I have "NOT" been asking for what do you mean????  Explain to me what form the help comes to me when the techs is out finds problems not on my end, engineers had to fix something on their end, radio is bad, wiring needed replacing, dish was not properly installed, etc and 50+ emails back in for to Tech Support. PLEASE tell me what the heck HELP you are referring to?????? I've been asking dumb wade or haven't you been reading or do you speak or read plain english?  Grief and you too are a Champion!  A Champion of obvious lies and putting people down!  Before you speak READ and UNDERSTAND what I am tell you!
donsjgm
Junior

Guys, see what I mean by a condescending s.o.b., and we're the ones who are childish! OMG
robertfitzgeral1

Mordacious before you speak let me also be clear to you! 9 times out of 10 didn't ask for help, is that what you implied, did I read that right. Maybe you don't read or speak english either. Read all my post from today and see ALL OF THE HELP and problems I've had  and then please SHUT UP! You don't know which end is up either!  Hope you have a GREAT DAY! Creep!
robertfitzgeral1

Don, darn right I'm going to be condescending and yes an s.o.b.!  Wouldn't you!  All you've done is say negative crap to me. Should I just roll over and keep my mouth shut. Like I'm telling everyone else, if you don't know your bottom from your top, please shut up and keep quiet about my issues!  You are fast to run your nasty lying mouth in a negative way but not willing to be kind and and read my post that were stating facts. Only picking what you want and stirring the pot. You too sir are just another CREEP!  Get a life and leave people along unless you know the facts and then speak!!!!!  Have a GREAT day! 
Mordacious

SLOW speeds both during the free time and the paid time
FREE time????  We have FREE time?!?!?!?!

No one told me about FREE time! I want out of my contract, I was lied to, oh wait, I've been with them for more than 6 years, I don't have a contract, I'm with Hughes because none of the big box ISPs will serve me and frankly, I'm happy with Hughesnet.
donsjgm
Junior

ATTN HN COMMUNITY:
If you're not here to ask for help or if you're not here to give help to others, PLEASE go away!
Go to FB, Twitter or anywhere that people want your DRAMA!
Mordacious

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Mordacious....HOW DARE YOU be happy with Hughesnet!!!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I'm getting bored with all this. Robert, if you've experienced all the problems you say then I'm sure they will release you from any remaining contract commitment. Enjoy your new old service. Bye.