cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

Re: SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Robert

Thank you for your post & welcome to our community. I was able to locate your account with the serial number you provided and run some diagnostics. I see that our tech went out in February and re-registered your modem, as well as ensured your dish was pointed correctly. I do have to mention that in your case, there is only one direction to point you to and it cannot be changed by our technician unless you move to a different satellite modem system altogether.

Our diagnostics show you have plenty of data remaining, above average signal strength and our satellite to modem tests are coming back with these results:

Speed test results for SAN - DSS30xxxxxx 

Execution time: 2016-03-28 19:20:24
Upload speed (kb/sec): 768.187
Download speed (kb/sec): 16847.3
Round trip ping time (msec): 783
Packet loss rate (%): 0

What kind of speeds are you seeing? A couple of the 12 MB Manual tests from http://testmy.net should help us out in narrowing it down.

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted

Hi Amanda!  Well I guess the TECH lied to me as usual. He advised he pointed me to a different place that was less congested and had less traffic!  Why does Hughes and it's contractors lie and not be honest. Here are my recent speeds. I'm glad you are showing something higher because I'm not getting it on my end. I want something done about this!!  I cant paste my speedtest but you can review it on my account. It's very slow and continues to be. I see on here I'm not the only one.  

Highlighted

Date/Time Down(kbps) Up(kbps) 03/26/2016 22:13:08 5968 675 03/26/2016 22:11:14 8853 440 03/26/2016 22:10:09 3693 966 03/24/2016 19:36:07 7437 1305 03/24/2016 19:33:51 9338 1163
Highlighted

As you can see 5968 download on 3/26, 8853 on 3/26, 7437 on 3/24 and it just gets worse. A far cry from 15000 to 20000 speeds. 
Highlighted

Good luck Robert. I guarantee you will not get help for this. It will work perfectly while the tech is there, then when he leaves and you check your modem, you will be in a web acceleration degraded state. My bill was 347.00 last month because i pay for the best business line, and I not only run out of data for normal use and spend a fortune in tokens, I don't get anywhere near what I pay for in speeds, especially uploads. As soon as I have a cable option I'm out of here.
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Bypass your router, with one computer connected directly to the modem, and reboot everything.

Be sure to disable any background programs that may be using data.

Average the results from a series of 5 speed tests.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Actually, those speeds at those times aren't that bad.  It would be best to set up an account at testmy.net then run a few tests at various times of the day, if possible.  Again, though, the speeds you are getting at those times aren't bad. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

15000 to 20000?  I don't know your plan, but I imagine it states speeds up to 10MB.  UP TO are the key words, and again, those speeds that you stated aren't bad for those times.  Again, you should set up an account at testmy.net so it can record your tests and the speeds of said tests. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Hey Gabe!  Yes I did that and I get about the same or less. 
Highlighted

Alan, I've done that about 20 times since January. I was being told it was my router, then cables, other computers interferring. So I was directly connected to my router/modem HT1100 and on the phone with your tech support and we ran test and then they sent someone out.  There is a PROBLEM with Hughes.  I see many complaints about this.