cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assistant Professor

Re: SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, that is a bit of a mess to read plus when clicking on the links they are over a month old: http://testmy.net/db/9Evnp7GwI&framed=1&framed2=1
Distinguished Professor IV

For sure.  From what is there I am gathering that michaelp is the name, but it's a bit hard to tell, as when you click on some parts, it shows a table and michaelp is listed on only one of the few dozen tests. 

Robert, is michaelp you on testmy.net, as in http://testmy.net/quickstats/michaelp

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Slow speeds seem to be a common theme here.  I am in Carriere Ms, are you in the same area.  If one more tech support person tells me to reboot I am going to loose it.

Hi Rick! No, Virginia.  I've rebooted my modem more than I start my car! It never helps and I know always excuses. They want me to now use testmy.net however this uses up your data quickly. They promise to give "tokens" not sure how they will work. They have their own SpeedTest program on the dashboard so that will have to work. I'm tired to trying everything. Yes, if you do a google search on the internet, thousands of complaints. I'm calling corporate today. I'm just too tired to keep fooling with them. 2 years of this is enough. Calling Centurylink today!

Thank you Robert

We have added in some token bytes which will automatically be used from your bucket when you have exceeded your allowance. Whatever Token bandwidth you don't use moves over into the next month. We're still waiting on the 12MB tests to get an idea of what is happening.

Thanks
Amanda

http://testmy.net/db/-fMnFodPp HI Amanda!  Well this is really odd to say the least! I never have these types of speeds and you can look at the speed test I run on under the dashboard. It's so odd, I called in today and spoke with someone, they ran test and behold I have super fast speeds. I found out my contract was up last month so I'm no longer obligated to Hughes. Pulled my credit card from billing today as well. I do want some answers before I decide whether or not to move on to Excede in the next two months. Thank you!

That's a very good speed, especially for that time in the early evening.   

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

Robert, I hear that Excede's services aren't superior to HN. Talk is they're virtually the same. HN is a larger company and has more resources behind them. I've seen many posts here of users complaining that they came to HN because of the service there. I also hear that the angle of the dish is lower so if there are any trees or obstructions to be concerned about, let me suggest you do some research.
Advanced Tutor

Just go hang around the Brand Ex Community Forum for a while. You'll see the sames kinds of issues there: https://community.exede.com/exede

Satellite Internet feels different and is different than terrestrial. There's just no way getting around that.

Bouncing stuff off a satellite 22,000 miles out in space takes a little more trickery and fiddling to get the technology to work. Sometimes I'm amazed it even works at all...
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

don, I've seen the lower angle of Excede's sat mentioned a couple of times on here, too.  That would kill it for me.  Hughesnet's sat angle is barely over my trees as it is.  LOL.