cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Junior

Re: SLOW SPEEDS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert, I must say, I'm glad I'm not your neighbor.

Don I'm glad you aren't too! You are RUDE! I've seen other post you reply to!  Are you an unhappy person or do you just like to be a smart *** to other people. If you can't say something nice then PLEASE keep your opinions to yourself! Grow up! LOL  There's one in every bunch and here you are! 
Junior

Robert, in your case I meant to be rude! 
I come here to help as many people as I can!
After WAY TOO MANY of your whingy posts I just couldn't stand anymore of your condescending comments!!!

I'll determine the appropriateness of this response, my last to you, by the number of people who Like it.

Really!  Ha ha!  If you don't like my post about being unhappy with service or the constant problems don't read it! NO body ask for your smart attitude!  It's people like you in this world (nasty/rude) that are helping to make people become hostile and create hate!  You really need to take a HARD look in the mirror at yourself! One day "KARMA"!  Always remember what goes around comes back. You do "nasty" and it will come back to you in some form!  Kindness will get  you a long way in this world!  Food for thought!  I'll say a prayer for you tonight!
Assistant Professor

Robert, have to say it is not HughesNet fault you had crappy service previously from Centurylink and it magically improved because you have a neighbor on the inside. So you tried satellite because of crappy ground based service and now going back because you won the lottery with a convenient neighbor. Good for you!

HughesNet can function extremely well if one takes the time to learn how to manage data and tweaks a few things software and router wise on their end. True, latency is what it is with satellite and not the provider's fault. Plus it has to be capped to prevent crippling the system.

And here I am tonight:

Good luck with your new (old) ISP.

Hey Don,

So this guy leaves Century Link because he is unhappy with them
I had them before Hughes and could only get 1.5 so I left for something better
He came to Hughesnet where we get speeds like this...

But only if you take the time to configure your system and now he is unhappy with Hughesnet (and I haven't seen him ask for any help) and going back to Century Link?

Am I following this correctly????

And the definition of insanity would be???????????

Frankly Don, I think you were kind.
Assistant Professor

Guys, the truth is he doesn't like the cap. It was so fast he burnt through the data in no time doing what people do on ground based unlimited (not really) internet. Being in FAP all the time does suck but that is on the user.
Pretty much the story for many new customers who post complaints here. Why can't I watch as much HD video as I want and download as many huge files as I want?
Answer: This is more like cell phone data, you must monitor and manage it, plus have some self-control with what you do online.
Junior

Dang it Bill, I told you I was getting to be more like you the longer I hung around here.
Junior

I had no issue with the guy even though I took him as a constant complainer until all the condescension and that wasn't directed at me. I started to be rude yesterday but decided to leave well enough alone and he was leaving anyway. By today, I just couldn't stand it any longer.

Assistant Professor

Trust me, I understand, it does get old. Jeez, people take no personal responsibility these days. Believe sales people, come on! Way too easy to research before buying in this information society.
Not like anyone is putting a gun to anybody's head or threatening to bust some kneecaps if they don't purchase a service.
No excuse to be an uneducated consumer in today's world IMO. No excuse. Heck, go to the library and use their computers to research if need be.
EDIT: Sorry nobody knows what a library is today, my bad.  Smiley Sad