SLOW SPEEDS IN LOCAL AREA

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpclemente
New Poster

SLOW SPEEDS IN LOCAL AREA

My download speeds (less than 2mbs) have been well below the norm for over a month.

After exhaustive testing & site visit by a technician I was informed by Hughes the problem is due to their equipment and that the whole area I live in is impacted. 

I was offered an opportunity to cancel Hughes Satellite or accept a $30 discount on services for 6 months.

I accepted the discount, but have yet to receive status on efforts to correct the problem. 

I do not feel the $30 discount is worth waiting 6 months to find a correction has not been addressed!

Standing by in Northeast Tennessee

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughesnet staff on this site is usually on M-F, from 9 am to 5 pm or a bit later.  Please give them some time to look into what's going on and get back to you. They usually respond fairly quickly. 

kpclemente wrote:

My download speeds (less than 2mbs) have been well below the norm for over a month.

After exhaustive testing & site visit by a technician I was informed by Hughes the problem is due to their equipment and that the whole area I live in is impacted.

Liz

Good morning kpclemente, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to have a look at your account, and I just wanted to note that the discount you were given is a $30 x 6 month discount; meaning you will get $30 off your monthly bill, every month for 6 months; it's not a single discount of $30.

Regarding your concerns please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM with some details.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!