cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW TO NO INTERNET

Highlighted

SLOW TO NO INTERNET

SLOW TO NO INTERNET
Sure wish I could have been able to read this community before signing the contract.
We called to inquire about the Hughes Net service, and we were promised the moon.
Blinding speeds in rural places.

What I have experienced is a rat maze in the customer service department.
Speed tests that give results, but actually our speed is slower then dial up to non existent.
Yesterday was the last straw. after being on the phone with tech support for a total of 5 hours and no resolution. I was then transferred to a 3rd party home help line where I was on hold for nearly 45 minutes, then asking to cancel my contract and being told that department was closed.
I have been treated like my time is worth nothing.
The saddest part is it seems most of the customers of Hughes net are experiencing the same.
So this morning I will be contacting the AG's office.
Last case number 100840124
Option A) fix it
Option B) remove it, with no cancelation fee. You broke contract with your slow to no speed service.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: SLOW TO NO INTERNET

Hello Kelli,

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about your experience. We do take every piece of feedback very seriously. We'll look for your account using the case number and review your past interactions with us as well as run diagnostics on your system to see if there is anything we can do remotely or by using a field service technician. Just a heads up that we may ask you to do a couple more tests for us here, but we'll try to make this whole thing relatively simple.

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted

Field tech has already been here.
He reported all of our equipment was working. It was on the "other" end.
wait 24 hours and call in again.

I was instructed to plug my Ethernet cable directly into the modem.
I had to go borrow someone else's laptop and cable as my NEW DELL, does not have a port. It is a considerable drive to go purchase a cable to plug in my lap top.

I  work abroad, and when I am home; I do not stream movies or game. This was to do email, and update files and documents.

I have spent time on the phone with your customer service and this time 5 total hours in total. My husband was witness to this. He told me we have other options, cancel Hughes net. Not worth the aggravation or cost per month for what we are getting. only thing I was left with was HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, a headache, and a sleepless night.

We do have other internet options.

Sad I had to get up at 3:30 am to get on here to have some browsing speed just to figure out how to get here. 
Highlighted

Hi Kelli

Just pulled up your account and see yes, the speed tests do look really good - twice what your plan offers actually. 

When you are hope and update things, are you using a VPN or remotely accessing anything from your work abroad? Keeping a VPN connected, even inadvertently, will drastically reduce your speeds. We still need to open a case up and look at your actual system, so please bear with us on that. 

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted

I do hands on work, not computer or techie related.
No VPN
No remote anything.

Highlighted
Alum

Hello Kelli,

We were doing more investigating into your concern via remote troubleshooting, and noticed you cancelled your account today. I'm sorry we were unable to get to a resolution quicker. If you do reconsider, I'm sure we can facilitate your satisfaction. Ultimately we hope everything goes well with your next ISP. If there is anything else you need help with, or if you need some clarification of the cancellation process , please let us know.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply Chris, sadly to little, to late!
I am hopeful the AJ's office will take a peek into this rat maze of disservice.

Sorry we could not even get into your Option A that you gave us! Best of luck, Kelli.

Amanda