cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL KICKED & LOCKED OUT; ANY IDEAS?

Re: STILL KICKED & LOCKED OUT; ANY IDEAS?

I'M THINKING "POSSIBLE"--VERY POSSIBLE! BUT, WHAT WOULD BE THE PURPOSE IN KEEPING ME OFF?
Assistant Professor

Alana, curious if you have vision problems? Honest question, just wondering why the caps all the time.
To many people it comes across like the writer is very angry. Totally understandable if because of poor eyesight though.

HI HOWARD--THANKS FOR THIS & I HAD MY HUSBAND CHECK; THE PORGRAM WE ALL USE HERE IS "MALWAREBYTES CORPORATION". IT LOOKS LIKE A "TARGET" WITH A PIE PIECE CUT OUT. THERE IS ALSO A MEDIEVAL LOOKING SHIELD THAT HAS CROSSHATCH COLORS LIKE A FAMILY CREST--SORRY, BUT I AM COLORBLIND SO AS TO "WHAT" COLORS?   THERE IS ALSO NORTON ON THIS COMPUTER. (A LAPTOP ACTUALLY, BUT IT DOESN'T LEAVE THIS HOUSE EXCEPT FOR SECURITY INVESTIGATIONS. WELL, THAT ONE TIME I HAD IT SERVICED & NOTHING WAS FOUND.)

YES & "THANK YOU" FOR ASKING. YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THE CAPS; IT IS MUCH EASIER ON MY VERY BLURRY EYESIGHT. (I'M NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE YET EITHER!) I AM WORKING ON GETTING MY DIABETES UNDER CONTROL. I AM NOT MEANING TO "UPSET" ANYONE ON THIS FORUM. WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO SKYPE OR "CHAT" HERE, SO I AM NOT CURRENT WITH THE ETIQUETTE; ALTHOUGH I HAVE SEEN TEXTS THAT ARE ALL CAPS (& LITTLE "DOODLES".) LOL--MY DOCTOR SAYS FOR ME TO "CONTROL" MY STRESS TOO!  FUNNY--HN & INTERNET ISSUES; ANY IDEA WHY THAT WOULD CAUSE ME "STRESS"!!!!
Assistant Professor

Sorry about your illness but glad I asked. Didn't want to assume you were screaming all the time but certainly understand how having issues staying connected to the internet can be upsetting.

What make and model of router are you using?

HI AGAIN. WE DON'T HAVE "ROUTERS" AROUND HERE. THIS IS HARDWIRED INTO THE COMPUTER. (BESIDES, I REFUSE TO HAVE WIFI--IT IS TURNED OFF.)  THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND HELP IN TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT; THE "KICKING" HAPPENED AGAIN WHEN I WAS RESPONDING TO YOUR POSTING. I WAS COMPLETELY OUT OF MY OWN FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. (THAT IS NO WAY POSSIBLE TO BE HN FAULT--AT ALL!)  I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL THIS MORNING TO BE LET BACK IN & CHECK/RESPOND TO YOU.

ANYWAY, I STILL FIND IT "FUNNY" ABOUT MY DOC'S ADVICE OVER CONTROL THE STRESS! YEAH--HN, INTERNET & "SECURITY" COMPUTER ISSUES ARE JUST SO RELAXING!!!

NOPE--I HAD THIS COMPUTER COMPLETELY CHECKED OUT WHEN THE CORPORATE "SUGGESTED" MAYBE IT WAS SOMETHING IN MY PC. EVERYTHING IS EXCELLENT & NO BAD ISSUES--SO THAT THREW THINGS BACK INTO HN COURT!  WHEN THE TECH WAS HERE MY ISSUE WAS HAPPENING ON HIS MACHINE! HE PROVED THAT MY UNIT WASN'T EVEN ON SIGHT!

THAT COST ME OVER A HUNDRED DOLLARS; MONEY I COULD HAVE USED FOR OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS; HOWEVER, SUCH IS "LIFE".

Highlighted

Hi Alana,       When you say "kicking" do you mean that it COMPLETLY knocks you OFFLINE ( as in NO web pages work)      OR is it a particular WEBPAGE you get kicked from (if so which webpage)

This statement here : "OF COURSE THAT WAS BEFORE THIS GOD AWFUL "security UPGRADE"    "          the security Upgrade you speak of ,      are you talking about the security questions an features added to the Hughesnet ACCOUNT dashboard located here:   http://my.hughesnet.com/    Or are you refering to a "Security upgrade"  done by the administrator of your computer????

HELLO & KICKED MEANS COMPLETELY OFF THE INTERNET! IT JUST HAPPENED FROM2 PM MY TIME TO 2:30 AM! I'LL JUST SEE HOW LONG IT LASTS THIS TIME!!,
Alum

Hi Alana,

I see that you are still experiencing problems. Have you tried any of the suggestions from my previous post? Checking tool bars, extensions, and so on? Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chris