cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STILL Not getting promised service- So MAD and Frustrated!

Sophomore

Re: STILL Not getting promised service- So MAD and Frustrated!

Damian or Gabe,

I tried to call the Engineering num we on my phone called I.D.  It rings three times and then drops to busy signal. Guessing not a call back number.  Is there any way you can contact them and ask for me to be called again? 

And just a heads up. I will be leaving for the holiday on Tuesday, November 26 and will not be returning until Sunday, December 15. 

Thanks

VickyA

Professor

Gabe is not a Hughesnet employee, so he wouldn't be able to help with your question.  @Damian is an employee and could look into this for you. 

@VickyA wrote:

Damian or Gabe,

I tried to call the Engineering num we on my phone called I.D.  It rings three times and then drops to busy signal. Guessing not a call back number.  Is there any way you can contact them and ask for me to be called again? 

And just a heads up. I will be leaving for the holiday on Tuesday, November 26 and will not be returning until Sunday, December 15. 

Thanks

VickyA

Distinguished Professor IV

@VickyA 

Like maratsade explained, I'm not an employee, but rather a fellow HughesNet subscriber.  With that said, I think you're right about the number that shows up in the Caller ID, in that it's not a call back number, though it's been a number of years since I've personally dealt with Level 4 tech support.  

Hopefully Damian will be on this evening in order to be able to help with the contact.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Thanks for clarifying that. I will wait to hear from Damian.

Kudos Gabe!

@VickyA,

I am sorry to hear this. I have created an internal case to let our engineers know that you are only able to receive calls in the afternoon and that any earlier will not be answered. It also appears they have already scheduled a callback for the 23rd. I am confident our engineers will see this case before the 23rd, and adjust their time.      

-Damian  

Sophomore

Thanks Damian. If you are talking the 23rd as being this Saturday I will make sure I am here for the call.

VickyA

Sophomore

Damian,

On Tuesday, 11/26/19, I left my home to be away for a week. When I left, my computer was turned off and Apple TV is still unplugged.  I brought my Kindle and cell phone with me. I am telling you this because today, December 3, 2019, I went online and found that I have 98% data remaining. I know it is only 2%, but nobody is home and everything is turned off. I left on the 26th and my data gets renewed on the 27th.  I will be returning this evening and would have expected to still be at 100%.  Where did the data go? 

Thanks,

VickyA

Distinguished Professor IV

@VickyA 

Though Damian will likely reply, just in case he doesn't, when you get home this evening, and with a device that is connected to the modem, go to this page.  This page will show you what is and what was, and what may still be, connected to the modem.  Make sure not to unplug modem before looking at this page, as unplugging it will wipe out the logged info.  

This way you can narrow down what the culprit is.  Chances are very good that something you either weren't aware of or don't remember was connected and used the data.  

Hopefully you'll hear from Damian or someone else before then, but just in case you don't, take a look at that page.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@VickyA ,

When attempting to review the devices that may have used this data, it appears the modem was reset and the history of devices connected has been cleared. I am only able to see the ATA unit currently, which does not count against your data expenditure. If you had a chance to check before the reset occurred, please let us know what you were able to find. 

-Damian 

Sophomore

Damian & Gabe,

I opened your responses too late!!! 😤

But I have another trip planned next week if you want to make note to check from your end. Please feel free to check anytime between December 7th and December 15th.  I will try to remember to look when I get home. Thanks so much!