cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales rep who misled and a 30 day cancellationn policy with no empathy

Assistant Professor

Re: Sales rep who misled and a 30 day cancellationn policy with no empathy

You need to average 500 MB per day for the month to stay within allowance for Anytime bytes. Not really a huge amount.
Freshman

When I went to NYC with my husband, I only had 1GB of data for my cell phone because I didn't have access to reasonable data speeds with our cell company because I lived in a valley (and at the time lived where there was DSL, so we used our internet to support our phones). I went through a GB of data (granted, I uploaded four photos) in just over 24 hours between Facebook, looking up directions and information, etc. One gig!

When we found out we would have no internet here, we knew cell phones over WiFi was out of the question on 10GB a month. We also knew gaming was out, and that we would have to go back to DirecTv for television. Cord cutting and streaming what we wanted was not going to be am option anymore.

We are very cautious with how we use our data. We took all the advice about disabling autoplay, auto updates, reducing from HD, etc. We also got lucky - our cell provider began an aggressive coverage expansion where we moved to and 4G is available here. This allows us another data option, which I use for a cushion. I leave most of the HughesNet data for my husband. My son and I are more comfortable on smartphones than my husband, so we do our surfing on our phones (for my old eyes, I upgraded to a phablet).

You can adapt to the data caps that come with satellite. It takes some knowledge and some adjustment. My husband wakes up early (5a.m.) often, so does a lot of his surfing before eight.

We are a farming family though...YMMV
Highlighted

I am truly sorry to hear about your father kariblay.  It is a horribly difficult thing to go through in a family.  I wanted to let you know, sgoshe is a very helpful person here, and does not work for Hughes.  If you need help in the future, you will find several names become very familiar.  That said, sgoshe, please understand as caring as you are ( I am discovering this slowly with people here), kariblay was trying to explain why the termination with Hughes had not occurred prior to the 5 day expiration period.  I don't think there was any using of this for personal gain, nor do I think you meant it that way when you said that, but that is how it came across.  kariblay, I do hope you will give those on this board a chance to help you.  I too was very upset when I came here, but have found since I am here for a period of time, at least there are those here whom I can count on for a caring hand and help.  Just my thoughts.  Please know my prayers are with you and your family
Alum

Hi Kariblay,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! I'm truly sorry to hear of your fathers diagnosis. I hope everything works out for you and your family. I've gone ahead and extended your trial period, which will now allow you to cancel with no fee up until 11/05/15. If that is what you ultimately decide to do, you should not have a problem. Just make sure to return all of your equipment and you will not incur any additional fees. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to let me know and I'll help how ever I can.

Thanks,
Chris

Thank you very much!