cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SamKnows - Internet Quality and Service Test participants - Using ALL of my data!

Highlighted
New Poster

SamKnows - Internet Quality and Service Test participants - Using ALL of my data!

I have been part of the SamKnows - Internet Quality and Service Test participants group since 2014 without issues. Suddenly the whitebox is using ALL of my data in a very short period of time, basically rendering my service useless.

Can someone tell me why this has happened and if it will be fixed?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: SamKnows - Internet Quality and Service Test participants - Using ALL of my data!

If SamKnows is using your data you have the option of disconnecting the white box and killing your account.

Not sure how much that's helping your HN service anyway... in fact it sounds quite like the opposite.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: SamKnows - Internet Quality and Service Test participants - Using ALL of my data!

I have seen mine at times use upwards of 5GB of data in a single day if speeds are doing good.  SamKnows isn't a great thing to be using on capped services.

I decided I would look at my logs for data consumption and do some comparisons.  I looked at 2019, and the first month and a half of this year, and saw something startling.

Last year, I used approximately 37.8GB with SamKnows for the whole year, but this year, which is just over a month in, SamKnows is suddenly using far more data...  The box is already at 9.7GB for the year.  This is a rather large increase in overall data consumption.  Something must have been changed about the test method recently.

2019 Data Usage Totals2019 Data Usage Totals

2020 Data Usage Totals2020 Data Usage Totals

Highlighted

Good morning tarcher611,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know. Engineering is looking into this for you. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Good morning tarcher611,

I haven't forgotten about you, I've just pinged the engineers if they have any updates to share. Once I have any news I'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Good morning tarcher611,

Just got off the phone with one of the engineers, he said they've addressed this for you and moving forward you shouldn't encounter this issue anymore.

Feel free to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz