Satellite Receive Signal Strength

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim1966
Sophomore

Satellite Receive Signal Strength

Just wondering what my signal strength should be.  I have a signal strength of 61 right now and when the system was installed it was 94.  I am curious because my connection seems real slow and it takes forever for any webpages to load.  The zip code here is 93930, the satellite info is:

Satellite NameEchoStar-19-NAD  Gateway ID10  Beam ID70  Outroute ID  1

Thanks

Tim

30 REPLIES 30

Tim,

Please unplug the cord from the power box, the other cables are okay to leave alone!

Thanks,

Remy

I can do that now or first thing in the morning, whatever works for you.

you might want to do it now. It's 4:30 here on the east coast and they leave at 5.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Okay, I will be off of the air, I am starting to get error messages again anyway.

12.1.12 -- A transmit problem has occurred

Tim,

I was able to go ahead and get the dispatch set up for you! The earliest date we had was Thursday, Aug 20, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. If that doesn't work for you, the technician will call before coming out and you can reschedule!

Thanks,

Remy

That will work, have the tech call me for directions, cell service does not come in out here.

@Remy wrote:

Tim,

I was able to go ahead and get the dispatch set up for you! The earliest date we had was Thursday, Aug 20, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. If that doesn't work for you, the technician will call before coming out and you can reschedule!

Thanks,

Remy

Tim, I do not need directions. Been to your house before.. I will be there around 8:00 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@tim1966 

How accurate SatBeam's info is when compared to HughesNet's own I don't know, but you can see their coverage map for Beam 70 on the ES19 here.  You'll have to zoom in and re-center, as you'll see.  You can see their Beam 54 coverage here.  

From the looks of it, at least on the SatBeams map, Beam 54 might actually be better, but whether it's a viable option is only something HughesNet can say.

Edited:  Fixed first link so as to open in new page.

scoe01
New Poster

Forgive my question but I'm fairly new with satelitte.  How do you check the signal strength?  Our Roku keeps getting kicked off the internet connection and then buffers like crazy and I was wondering of our dish needed to be realigned.  

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@scoe01 

Using a device that is connected to the HughesNet modem, whether by WiFi or LAN cable, you can see Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the following page...

http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

This may not tell you a lot, though, as signal strength can vary from beam to beam and location within the beam.  

If you need help, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here.  This will keep your issue separate from the OP's.