cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite position

Highlighted
Freshman

Satellite position

I have had Hughesnet now for less than a month....it is absolutely horrible! Our Satellite dish is positioned about 4 ft from our house on the North side, on about a 5 ft high post, and aimed directly at our house.....I thought it had to be aimed in a south westerly direction and had to be up high? They could not install on the roof due to it being copper not shingle....is this right?
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Satellite position

They aim it towards the satellite. 

When you go to this page:  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

What numbers do you see next to State Code?

tammigirl18 wrote:
I have had Hughesnet now for less than a month....it is absolutely horrible! Our Satellite dish is positioned about 4 ft from our house on the North side, on about a 5 ft high post, and aimed directly at our house.....I thought it had to be aimed in a south westerly direction and had to be up high? They could not install on the roof due to it being copper not shingle....is this right?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@tammigirl18 

It will be in the southern sky, but the direction in which the dish is pointed all depends on your location and the satellite it's pointed to.  It can range from SSW to SSE.  

Also, the signal has to be adequate at the time of installation to allow for system commissioning.  If the house or anything else were in the way the system would not have commissioned.  

In addition to the State Code maratsade requested, and on the same page as that information, what do you see for the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the bottom left?

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

I tried going to the link u included but it will not come up....
Highlighted
Freshman

I tried to go to the page in the link but it will not come up.....it says site cannot be reached....
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

OK, let's wait for the mods to handle this one, hopefully today.  Your modem may be fried.

tammigirl18 wrote:
I tried to go to the page in the link but it will not come up.....it says site cannot be reached....

Highlighted

Good morning tammigirl18,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'd like to investigate further, can you please confirm that your SAN (account number) is the one ending in 713? (or that the associate phone number is the one ending in 88)

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Yes, that is my account
Highlighted
Freshman

The page finally came up
Freshman