cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seamless transition from my main data bank to my tokens bank.

Re: Seamless transition from my main data bank to my tokens bank.

Ok now I have a question, When you run out of Bonus Bytes but still have Anytime remaining. Does it draw from token bank (if any available) or anytime DURING the Bonus Byte period?

Hi Melissa, when you run out of your Bonus Bytes, your bandwidth will start drawing from your Anytime Allowance. If you run out of your Anytime, then it will start drawing from your token bank. I hope this answers your question. Smiley Happy Suz

So you can't utilize tokens till your out of anytime regardless of time frame. Silly to make it work that way personally I'd rather save anytime. Eitherway thanks Suz for the quick answer Smiley Happy

PLEASE Help I want more playing time with my game and faster service, I 'm so tired of the slowness and crashing, will any of these up grades help me have better and faster service with unlimited playing time on my games?

I'm desperately searching for something better and that won't cost me a arm and a leg for the service. Thanks any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely Donna armon
Highlighted
Alum

Good morning Donna-
What system and plan are you on currently?
-Rocky

I'm new to this and I really don't get how this works for sure. Don't understand how the usage works.

I'm on the basic plan

Hi Donna, I'm a current Gen4 customer on power plan. That would be the 10G anytime + 10G bonus period. First off for things that will affect your usage through Gen4 and tips to manage, read his thread : http://community.myhughesnet.com/hugh... watch out for collapsed posts there's lots of good info within Smiley Happy Now to answer your question "will any of these up grades help me have better and faster service with unlimited playing time on my games?" Short answer no, EVERYTHING counts on GEN4.
While you can play and maybe at a faster speed (remember its an "up to speed" and NOT guaranteed) you must still keep a firm handle on your usage. Graphic intensive games such as FB Farmville will take loads more than you expect. Other games such as Sims 3 (or any other that checks for notifications, battles, ect..) will also it up quite drastically. Since it's constantly sending and recieving data. Before you jump to gen4 try a network monitor on your current connection for a few days.
My personal favorite is networx found here: http://www.softperfect.com/
Set your settings to detect uploads as well as downloads, this should give you a vague idea of what your usage would be like with what you currently play or do online before you jump to a so called better plan. JMHO Smiley Happy

Hi Donna, I was able to pull up your account by your community username and see that you are on the HN9000. Since you have the Basic Plan, as of now you are receiving Download Speeds of 1000 and Upload Speeds of 200, with a daily refill and Download Zone (unlimited) from 2am - 7am. Since you are looking for faster speeds, I would highly suggest that you upgrade to Gen4. The best part is since you are already on the HN9000, if you upgrade to one of our Connect Plans, there won't be any installation costs since it would just be a service plan upgrade.

I've included service plan information below and if you are interested in upgrading, we will be happy to give you a call and answer any questions that you may have. Just let me and I will arrange this for you.

Gen4 Connect HN9000 Spaceway
$49.99 (Lease is an additional $9.99)
5 Down /1 Up (up to)
5 GB Anytime Bytes
5 GB Bonus Bytes (to be used from 2am-8am)
Monthly Refill
24 Month Commitment

Gen4 ConnectPro HN9000 Spaceway
$59.99 (Lease is an additional $9.99)
5 Down /1 Up (up to)
10 GB Anytime Bytes
10 GB Bonus Bytes (to be used from 2am-8am)
Monthly Refill
24 Month Commitment

Gen4 Power HT1000/HT1100 Jupiter
$59.99 (Lease is an additional $9.99)
10 Down /1 Up (up to)
10 GB Anytime Bytes
10 GB Bonus Bytes (to be used from 2am-8am)
Monthly Refill
24 Month Commitment

Gen4 Power Pro HT1000/HT1100 Jupiter
$79.99 (Lease is an additional $9.99)
10 Down /2 Up (up to)
15 GB Anytime Bytes
15 GB Bonus Bytes (to be used from 2am-8am)
Monthly Refill
24 Month Commitment

Gen4 PowerMax HT1000/HT1100 Jupiter
$129.99 (Lease is an additional $9.99)
15 Down /2 Up (up to)
20 GB Anytime Bytes
20 GB Bonus Bytes (to be used from 2am-8am)
Monthly Refill
24 Month Commitment

If you decide to upgrade you will have a new 24 month commitment and you will have Bonus Byte time from 2am - 8am where usage is deducted from your monthly Bonus Bytes.

Suz
Honorary Alumnus

Donna,
Be advised that by going with one of the Gen(wannbe4) Connect plans you will:

Have the PROMISE of greater UP TO speeds.

Lose the 2 to 7 AM unlimited period and trade it for a metered misnamed Bonus Byte period.

Have the "upload" portion of your usage count against your allowance.

Lose your daily refill and rollover where a "mess up" on usage will only affect you for a single day for a monthly refill that if not watched will lead to greater Hughes profits from increased Token Sales.

Keep in mind that some people confuse the lack of "snap" in a Sat Internet connection with a lack of speed and don't factor in the inherent LATENCY of a satellite connection. The latency WILL remain.