Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending and Recieving Faxes

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Sending and Recieving Faxes

@GabeU wrote:

@BirdDog

I can't remember exactly what it was, but I used something similar to what you're talking about.  I scanned a document, then sent it using a virtual fax or something like that.  I then received the reply fax through the same thing and printed it out.  It was free and it was something that came with a Dell computer I had. 

So, not exactly a standard fax, but basically doing the same thing and it sends the document(s) to the company's or person's fax machine on the other end.  

It's basically just sending a PDF but for legal reasons they need a fax from what I understand, not an email attachment. Anyway, the virtual thing worked fine for me. I had a phone number they were able to fax to because of the virtual service.

All this makes me crazy these days, I just try to find a way to make it work.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Sending and Recieving Faxes

Certain things like signing a contract still need faxes. It's slowly moving to image-signed and authenticated PDFs, but not as quick as you'd think.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.