Seriously slow internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outkastrooster
New Poster

Seriously slow internet

I'm a brand new customer, about 2 months now, I am beyond mad! My internet is sketchy at best. It's funny how your speed test says "excellent " however on everything else it's really bad! I am sitting 15 feet from modem you installed,I can see the lights and I cannot get internet fast. And forget watching a video it plays for 4 seconds, then buffering,4 more seconds then buffering. It's really sad!! I do not use it for online gaming however I do use it to download games and updates to my Xbox one,it took over 3 hours to download a simple game! I was extremely pissed off! You claim to have the greatest WiFi for multiple devices,I can't use 1 without slow speeds ! I am seriously about to cancel the service and pay the fee.
3 REPLIES 3
PapaFred

I have the same problem and they keep hacking me around. What a nightmare and a huge mistake to have chosen Hughes Net!
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Outkastrooster

Have you tried the same with a LAN cable connected device?  

What definition are you trying to stream the videos in?  

Amanda

Hello Outkastrooster,

We're disappointed to hear that you are experiencing poor performance, but we can help! Regarding the video streaming - what definition are the videos set to? Using the "Automatic/Auto" option might just solve the problem. 

Full game downloads can be really big, such as the latest game "Destiny 2" which is approximately 68GB for the base game. It is very possible that your data has been exhausted and is causing the slow speeds. 

Give the Auto setting for video a try and we'll run diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment in the meantime.

Thank you,

Amanda