Service Outage ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dredman
Freshman

Service Outage ?

Is anyone else having a service outage now? I know two other people in Florida (plus myself) that have Hughes net and we currently have no service. Rebooted the modem a couple times and no luck. My satellite light is also out on the modem.
9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@dredman

If you're still experiencing the issue, can you post a pic of the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor

Please be sure to edit your SAN out of your picture (it normally begins with DSS), as this is your account number, which you should never publish.  

It has been going up and down for a few hours now.

Untitled.png

Hughes knows exactly what is going on. They just want to give you busy work so you will think that they will help you.

GabeU

@lake_woman

Please refrain from violating the Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.  Have a little respect for fellow users who are trying to get help.

@GabeU wrote:

@lake_woman

Please refrain from violating the Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service.  Have a little respect for fellow users who are trying to get help.

There are no violations on my part. I have the utmost respect for the users of this community that are getting the run around as far as what exact is going on with Hughes and the problems that we are not privy to. First Amendment. Reveal that you have no idea what is going on and stop defending Hughes blindly.

GabeU

@lake_woman

Unless you have some type of help to contribute, please stop posting on this thread.  You have already derailed this person's attempt to get help enough.  Please stop doing so.  Your posts have been reported to the moderator.  

@GabeU wrote:

@lake_woman

Unless you have some type of help to contribute, please stop posting on this thread.  You have already derailed this person's attempt to get help enough.  Please stop doing so.  Your posts have been reported to the moderator.  

Ditto

GabeU

@dredman

There is most definitely some type of issue going on there.  Being that it's intermittent, it's possible that it's due to weather at your gateway location.  

In the Satellite box on the following page, what is your Beam ID, and does it say Echostar 17 or Echostar 19 for the Satellite Name?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

With this info I can tell you where your gateway is and can take a look to see if there has been bad weather there today. 

Hughes ended up sending a tech out.  My signal was horrible.  So, after a few minutes of trying to get me dialed in (I was on echostar 19), he decided to see if pointing me to echostar 17 made a difference.  He pointed me at 17 and like magic my signal was back to normal.  Other than changing the satellite I was pointed at, he made no other changes.  At this point my service is fully restored.