cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pathetically Slow

Service Pathetically Slow

Just returned to my home after long vacation and using no Hughes bandwidth. HN9000 modem starts up fine, but service is pathetically slow. What is the problem? I'm getting stunning download speeds like 0.4 Kb/sec. Would appreciate some assistance.
13 REPLIES 13
Spectator

Re: Service Pathetically Slow

They have been optimizing customers who have the HN9000. They are trying to get those on the HN9000 to upgrade to the Gen4.

I have already sent a complaint to the BBB against HughesNet for this slow speed issue that I've been dealing with now for almost 4 weeks.
New Poster

Stan if you could post the serial number from the label on the back or the bottom of the modem then the mods can locate your account and run diag. on it and see whats going on, also Kimberly is correct about the Network optimization but they are working to get the customers back up to where they need to be.

Stan I second Charles' advice.  If you post the serial number they will work with you to get your speeds back where they should be.  They have worked with me over the past week and there has been a drastic improvement.  Good luck!

Thank you Kimberly, Charles, and William.

Modem data:

P/N 1500826-0006
S/N J7 111000106560092 F

I have been told by Hughes that Gen4 is not available in my area. That is one reason why I'd like to get the even slower service operating correctly.

Stan - keep in mind that the moderators with Hughes only work M-F so you are unlikely to hear from them before Monday afternoon or Tuesday.
New Poster

Stan they do offer what they call Gen4 in your area but its still on the Spaceway Sat. that your on now and it jumps your download speed to 5Mbps but it also changes your data refill to monthly with no free period so if they try to sell you the upgrade you might want to do some research on it first.

Thanks Charles. That is the plan I'm on now. That is the connection/plan that is giving me the mega-slow download speeds referenced above.

This plan is actually pretty lame when compared with the true Gen4 plans that I cannot get.
New Poster

Yep there is a big difference between the 2, hopefully the new sat going up in 2015-2016 Im not sure which will cover the western half of the US. its not common for a Gen4 HN9000 to be slow so Im sure Monday they can get you fixed up,
New Poster

Your not in FAP are you? I have heard of a few people that had been on vacation coming back and not have any data for some reason, may not be the case here but you might check, and if you are then they will have to figure out how that happened.