cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service down again 22.2.1 out route not locked

Highlighted
Freshman

Service down again 22.2.1 out route not locked

We have had issues intermittently over the last year.  Calling tech support and working through the steps ends up with telling us we will have to pay $150 to have a tech come out.  The last time I told them to forget it, they finally relented and sent a tech.  He said the initial install was bad and he fixed the issues.  We had 2 previous techs come out and they said nothing about this.  There has been no bad weather, or damage to dish, it just quits working.  We are 3 months from our commitment ending and I am far from satisfied.  This has gone on for too long.  If anyone can give me a suggestion to maybe getting it working I will limp along the next 3 months and then cancel the service.

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Service down again 22.2.1 out route not locked

"He said the initial install was bad and he fixed the issues. We had 2 previous techs come out and they said nothing about this."

Well, there  good tech companies and bad ones.  You were unfortunate to get two bad ones in a row.  Personally, I found a good one some years ago.  In the rare times I've had problems I don't call Hughes, I call them first.

"If anyone can give me a suggestion to maybe getting it working "

The mods will be back next week.  I would give them a chance to look at your system.  Then if they can't fix it,

I would call the tech company that found the original problems with your install, to have them take another look. 

"I will limp along the next 3 months and then cancel the service."

Do you have an alternative that's not satellite based?  Many of us don't,  if I could switch to cable, I would jump at the chance,    DSL or cellular not so much.

Freshman

We are rural so no real options, plus one of the times before they promised us improved service if we signed another contact for 2 years.  In order to get out it will cost $300.  So if I can get this working i hope to get through till the end of the contract. Then I am outta here, and not looking back.  The last time before the tech I was able to realign and get it going, even though as before there was no storm or damage to dish.  I just don't know why this happens, and the tech had no real answers either.

Just frustrated!

Professor

You only have 3 months left, right? Where do you get the $300 figure?  Equipment fees? 

Distinguished Professor III

@Bbrusch 

My advice would be to see what the reps here have to say, as a State Code like this may indicate a problem that's not related to dish alignment.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  It's likely that they'll reply tomorrow (Monday).  

BTW, with three months left on your contract your Early Termination Fee should only be around $130.  It's $400 for the first 90 days, then $15 less per month thereafter.  If you got HughesNet Voice at the same time, the ETF for that, with three months left, would be around $30, as the ETF for HughesNet Voice is $10 times the number of remaining months on the contract.  

Those Early Termination Fee estimations are for a residential plan.  If you have a business plan, please disregard those estimations.  

In the meantime, if you don't already, please be sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good morning Bbrusch,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I've already located your account and have begun diagnostics. I'll let you know shortly what I find out.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hello Bbrusch,

Thank you for waiting. I am seeing a really big drop in signal shortly after the tech visited, around February 8th. From the equipment photos, it appears as though there was ongoing construction at your location. Is it possible something may have bumped the dish? We may also want to consider leaf growth as I see some large trees in front of the dish, so if they've filled out recently that may be another reason.

-Amanda

Freshman

There has been no construction, around the dish.  the only thing remotely close would be pavers on a walkway.  Besides it is winter here and we have a foot of snow, so there has not been any work done for 4 months on the walkway.  As for leaves, I have no deciduous trees in front of the dish, and again it is winter, no leaves on any trees, there is a clear line of sight to the sky.  Four days ago it just quit, and we have no internet.  We have continually had issues, and this just is ongoing for us.  Wife has had it, and I get the brunt of the displeasure, so no one is happy.

Freshman

There was a really big drop in signal?  And how were we supposed to know that?  I would think that the system would alert the technician or someone that something was wrong.  But what happens is that we just get lousy speeds until we call and complain?  This is what I expect, there is nothing that has changed on the dish, I secured it last summer, and placed the post in concrete which the original tech did not do.  I guess it is time to call and disconnect. 

Assistant Professor

@Bbrusch wrote:

I secured it last summer, and placed the post in concrete which the original tech did not do. 

Are you saying you moved the dish yourself without a tech realigning it?