cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service down again tonight

Service down again tonight

For the third time in two weeks, my service is down tonight, as opposed to merely slow. Same symptoms, not worth describing again, particularly since HughesNet must know perfectly well what is going on. I am tethered to my iPhone's fringe Verizon signal at the moment.

I called telephone tech support and went as far as the "Internet is down" question. Given that the robo-voice says that call volume is "extremely heavy" (I don't doubt it), I refuse to stay on the phone.

Folks: Please don't quit calling HughesNet, and posting here, when your service is down or otherwise does not live up to the promises HughesNet made when you subscribed. Our bills keep coming right on schedule, whether HughesNet provides the service or not.

18 REPLIES 18
Junior

Re: Service down again tonight

My service is totally down right now, too. Normally just very slow, but completely down with lots of red X's on my system status. Have to use my cell network to access Internet. I can't even get through to Hughes on their support #. I get the "number is no longer in service" tones. I've tried five times, same thing each time.
New Poster

Mine too for the last couple of hours.  Glad too see its not just me. 

Echostar-19-NAD

Beam 31

Sophomore

My service is down also. Even tried calling 866-347-3292 and there tech support line isn't working.

Completely down here, too.

If I lived 5 miles in any direction I could have sweet sweet Comcast or AT&T, but no. There’s an invisible boundary where no actual internet provider will cross. I can go to the freaking gas station and get better internet.

If HughesNet weren’t the only option, I’d throw the modem out the window and never look back.
New Poster

Down here in south east Texas too. Busy signal on support line.
New Poster

This is the first time my service has been down. Watched the modem lights blink out one by one until the whole system, transmit and receive were gone. Hoping for a fast quick fhx!
New Poster

Down here in rural Southeastern Oklahoma.

Highlighted

Down here too.  

I believe I am 1 mile or LESS from where Comcast’s ran... if you are frustrated imagine how I feel. Lol.   

New Poster

Down here in Colorado as well. Just another day in Hughesnet paradise.