cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service down again tonight

Re: Service down again tonight

Three replies in four minutes by others whose service also is down.

It's tempting to silently, passively, wait until service comes back up. Don't! Never fail to complain, time consuming and irritating as it is (and is meant to be). Because I have lost confidence both in HughesNet's business integrity AND in their technical competence, I don't doubt that they are testing customer limits to discover what is the very least level of service that we will tolerate before we escalate to levels that HughesNet cannot ignore. We want what we were promised: True broadband with an industry-acceptable standard for uptime.

No service 30 mile south of ATL.. we have an inactive cable line on our street due to the railroad refusing to grant an easement across the tracks. no DSL, at&t says will never happen>>>

Freshman

Service out south of Buffalo, north of Orleans, NY. Sat TV working fine, rebooted, connectivity test states gateway cannot be reached.
Spectator

Im in Alabama and mine is down YET AGAIN

I have been down more than up over the past few months, I call and they say Im under contract yet they dont fufill they end of the contract

I connected another provider so I have internet

New Poster

Agreed!~

Freshman

Hughesnet just annouced service should be restored in a few hours!

Freshman

Hughes Net is garbage across the board.
Distinguished Professor IV

@IntoTheWoods wrote:

Because I have lost confidence both in HughesNet's business integrity AND in their technical competence, I don't doubt that they are testing customer limits to discover what is the very least level of service that we will tolerate before we escalate to levels that HughesNet cannot ignore.   

And the fatal shot came from the grassy knoll.  SMH.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

@GabeU

Your apologetics would be rational if HughesNet's reputation with previous systems was any better. But they are well on their way to demonstrating that they're a company that can take an extraordinary piece of engineering like EchoStar 19 and wreck it in a matter of months.