Service going down periodically - beam 68

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pswired
Junior

Service going down periodically - beam 68

I have Gen5 service on beam 68 in Maryland. Last night, beginning at 10:09 PM EDT, I started getting notifications from my monitoring system that the Hughes service was down. This has continued throughout the day today. I logged in to the HT2000W and noticed that the receive signal strength is lower than usual- it's fluctuating from the low 50's to mid 80's. I usually have a received signal in the high 90s. I am not home now to tell whether there is an obstruction in front of the dish, but it's very unlikely that the dish has shifted--it's mounted using a very solid galvanized steel commercial antenna mount. Are there known issues on this beam right now, or am I looking at a local problem? 

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 4.29.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-03 at 4.29.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-03 at 4.29.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-03 at 4.30.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-03 at 4.31.45 PM.pngIMG_8199.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

How do you get to that page showing all the hourly status?  I can get to the 'System Status', and 'System Information' but I can't find where those hourly stats are.

@jimsearle

To the right of "English" is a faint "i". Click that and it will bring up a new menu. There are several hourly statuses available under Diagnostics as well as State Code Monitor under General.

Just be careful not to touch anything under Installation, because it can really hose you up.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine Oh, nice.  I never even noticed that "i".  For sure I won't make any changes, just nice to see the history.  Thanks.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jimsearle

You should edit the SAN out of the pictures you posted.  The SAN is your account number, which you should never post in public.  It's the number starting with DSS...

You can use Windows Paint to edit the number out of the pictures.