Hughesnet Community

Service is down and phone support is too

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmtchll

Service is down and phone support is too

I've restarted my receiver but I don't have any up or down satelitte activity. The Terminal/Gateway Connectivity Test fails.

I tried to call support but I get a fast busy. I tried to chat with support and got an error saying that I wasn't authorized. 

I've had the service a little over a week and am very disappointed with the quality!

19 REPLIES 19
geekydad107
New Poster

Ditto here.  Must be systemwide.  No email support, no chat support, and obviously no phone either.

Remind me.  How much do we pay for this? 😛

Jupiter II / Echostar19 appears to be having multiple outages...  The moderators will probably make an announcement soon.  Please dont call the service line as they afe overwhelmed and it will not help if its a system wide issue.

If this is system wide, the customers should be given some kind of credit. It's happening way too often.

I am in TN & our internet is down AGAIN too. Support had me on hold 26 minutes just to tell me they're sorry for the inconvenience. This happens several times a month yet they won't adjust my bill for lack of service. This is the poorest service I have ever had & what they're charging is way out of line for what they provide. If I had any other choice, I would switch in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, they are the only service out here in the country. I am not happy.

@Mamabear1211

This isnt a typical outage, this is system wide.  Theres nothing phone support can do.

As far as credits go... you might like $2 off your bill for the time of the outage.  Dont expect things for free, especially when they cant gurantee uptime.

Corrosive, thank you so much for this information. You clearly have sources that most of us don't have. I'm sure you agree that we customers are entitled to full disclosure from HughesNet about what is going on, as well as a good-faith account of what will be done to fix it.

A phone call would be nice. Just to let us know something. I just went outside to see if there was snow on my dish. It’s 5• outside! Let us know it’s not on our end!!!!

@IntoTheWoods

Doesn't take much to realize what's happened.  Multiple locations are down, those locations are serviced by different gateways.  Unlikely most the J2 gateways would just go offline at the same time.

That aside, I have seen past outages, such as when Spaceway3 went out for a whole week.  Hughesnet is not required to tell customers what happened, nor how it was repaired.  

Thanks, Corrosive...

Actually required is one thing (though regulations can be changed). Good business practice is another. Trust in a company's integrity and competence is a business asset that translates into dollar value. Part of that dollar value is increased revenue in the future, as opposed to lost customers, regulatory complaints, and other matters that GabeU is eager to remind us are not allowed under the terms and conditions of this forum.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@IntoTheWoods wrote:

Thanks, Corrosive...

Actually required is one thing (though regulations can be changed). Good business practice is another. Trust in a company's integrity and competence is a business asset that translates into dollar value. Part of that dollar value is increased revenue in the future, as opposed to lost customers, regulatory complaints, and other matters that GabeU is eager to remind us are not allowed under the terms and conditions of this forum.

If people don't like being told not to violate the TOS or Community Guidelines they shouldn't do so.  It's quite simple.  

It's simple only to a narrow, legalistic, authoritarian, machine-oriented way of thinking that sees human beings as just a bunch of users. For some reason, people who think that way seem to often end up in tech support. When I was in the industry, I did everything possible to help them find employment elsewhere.

Here in TN, we are in the same boat. We are New customers. How often do the outages occur and how long do they generally last?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Outages that affect the ENTIRE system...  Almost never, the Spaceway3 outage was several years ago, on a totally different and much older satellite.

Outages that affect specific regions?  Any time it rains at either the gateway for that region, or in the immediate area of the customer really.

Myleitabug
Spectator

Any knowledge of when the system might be fixed? Ours in TN is down as well,and we are unable to reach any source of support.
Pedrito7
New Poster

How are we supposed to enjoy internet? I'm disappointed and frustrated! I can't even talk to them to tell them!! Money well spent !! 😡
EDG3ofTH3W00Dz
Spectator

Me too, this is outrageous!

@EDG3ofTH3W00Dz wrote:
Me too, this is outrageous!

Sorry you feel that way, Hughesnet is aware of the issue, and engineering is already working on bringing service back as fast as possible.

Im in Alabama and mine is down YET AGAIN

I have been down more than up over the past few months, I call and they say Im under contract yet they dont fufill they end of the contract

I connected another provider so I have internet

PhilB1965

I understand it's not a perfect system, and that there will always be things that are out of their control. But I do find it frustrating that it was down for at least 8 hours that I'm aware of, and that they couldn't even manage a recording stating that the system is out. It's frustrating to have to guess as to whether it's your equipment or theirs. Yes, you start guessing after not being able to get through that it's bigger than just you, but still.

And while they can't guarantee service, the contract we have is priced on 24 hour availability.  But, based on the pricing plan, it comes out to about $0.17 per hour. The $1.40 or so they would pro-rate your bill doesn't begin to make up for the frustration, or the loss of work time for some of us.

I'll be honest, it's better than what we had before but, if I had any other options, I'd go with it.