Service issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daytona2013
Sophomore

Service issues

I was reading a recent post by a t.steven his problem is very similar to mine i am running test my Rtt has red X,s showing i have had many problems have probably 30 hr logged talking with tech on the phone they solved a speed issue i was having and replaced it with latency or ping issues and are trying to explain ping in the 1200 to 1500 is usual i show a double *Nat* type now and has been since repair texas techs ran, just had another test done for data loss came up empty i see with t.steven you guys replaced his modem ,first then set up a dish alignment courtesy as many problems as ive had no one has offered a real fix then i read this i think im going to just let this account go and except my losses same as i did with exede because this company told me it was better ,we should be protected against this kind of entrapment from companies like this. I think ill turn this info ive collected into my lawyers at Casa from my logs of data speeds and latency issues ive experienced since just weeks after installation maybe get my termination fees with exede and your co hughesnet covered for my troubles i would like someone to fix this if possible this will be my last attempt dont have time for this since i have so much time logged in this matter already
17 REPLIES 17
Daytona2013
Sophomore

I should add that all of this started with very low speeds and capabilities in good data 700 latency max never went over which you have documented in my file i was referred to techs in texas then after they fixed my speed issues i was satisfied only to notice i had even less capabilities doing anything because my (ms),latency,and or ping is running 1200 up to 1800 at times never staying still ive tried complaining seems they just throw extra data my way and hope it will go away i even told the last tech i didnt want data i wanted a fix now im just letting my bill go if un fixed immediatly
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Daytona2013

If you have your modem plugged into a power strip or surge protector please try plugging it directly into an outlet to see if it makes any difference.  Also, please make sure that the power plug going into the back of the modem is snug and not loose.  Please be careful with this plug, as it's delicate, but make sure it's not loose.  In addtion, please make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be any tighter than this, but it should not be loose.  

Please post back if any of this makes any difference.  Also, when you reply, please use punctuation so that the post isn't so difficult to decipher.  

On a side note, you are bound to arbitration, as per the Subcriber Agreement.  This means that your lawyer is not going to be able to do anything for you regarding HughesNet.    

Honestly if it were this easy i would be frustrated even more at this point trying now thanks for the reply. Note i have not changed location or anything in this area that the installer placed it

Scratch that second test 6%packet loss so up and down 1520latency also
GabeU

@Daytona2013 wrote:
Scratch that second test 6%packet loss so up and down 1520latency also

Okay.  That's not good.  

I'll go ahead and tag the reps so that they will see this and reply.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, but it may take them a day or two to reply.  

In the meantime, if you don't already, please leave the modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary (they probably will).  

Also, please keep in mind, the reps who will reply to you on here are corporate based reps, unlike the phone reps, and they have direct access to the engineers, so you're dealing with a different level of help, here.  🙂  

Ok and thanks again i hope for the best

plan for the worst, nothing will change. 

Cant argue with that im almost a year in been dealing with these issues since about 5 weeks after i signed basically made it past the date i could back out then all this started i have a minimum 30hrs logged on the phone with tech not including my time looking through router attempting port mapping exc in a chance i could figure out something they couldnt . Ive become pretty informed. Also this post has been up an entire day no one outside of gabeu last night has reached out
GabeU

@Daytona2013 wrote:
Cant argue with that im almost a year in been dealing with these issues since about 5 weeks after i signed basically made it past the date i could back out then all this started i have a minimum 30hrs logged on the phone with tech not including my time looking through router attempting port mapping exc in a chance i could figure out something they couldnt . Ive become pretty informed. Also this post has been up an entire day no one outside of gabeu last night has reached out

Actually, that's partially my fault.  Though I said I would tag the reps, I actually forgot to do so after I finished typing my reply.  😞  

I apologize for that.  I WILL do so now.

@Liz

@Amanda

No problem Thanks again

Ok so loosened co ax then slightly tightened ,then unplugged power put directly into wall packet loss went to zero but latency 1429 range
Liz

Good morning Daytona2013,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Please describe what you were having difficulty doing online which prompted you to run tests.

I ran diagnostics on your site and found it to be subject to the Fair Access Policy, so in order to complete my diagnostics I added a little bandwidth to your account. Otherwise, the diagnostics showed the HughesNet equipment working normally; no misalignment, no packet loss. I made an adjustment to the modem, sort of like a reboot, just to be safe. 

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

At first it all started with slow internet speeds during good data sometimes my download mbs were falling as low as 200kbs per minute i spent alot of time on the phone with techs finally got the speed issues fixed .I on good data actually run anywhere between 12mbs to 20mbs some time more or less so thats not the issue but since this fix my data does drain fast i have video data saver on one hr of streaming uses 1-2sometimes 3gb per hour even tho im set at low resolutions . But the issue that has me going crazy is before the fix i was getting slow speeds but my latency was only 500-700 range and talking over my headset wasnt an issue now it never galls below 1200 and reaches as high as 1800 my ping<<<< so even with good data everything lags everything buffers and i hear every other word over my headset with friends also maybe my NAT type saysdouble NAT since fixed never before which i also looked up and means i have 2 modems on same network only problem it i have one device only hooked to my ht2000w modem maybe this causes it to use double the data as well?

And yes sorry i know im on fair access as im willing to let my account go if this isnt resolved asap i have way to much time in trying to make this work for me the way it did when it was installed . Honestly though please take a look at how many times ive called and how long those calls lasted as i stated before i have minimum 30 hrs logged on the phone with techs and at least 20 hrs thumbing through the routers settimg even disabled wifi so can use that in hopes of it working correctly ive ported it and much much more and knew nothing about all this before but i assure you i could be hired on as a installer with the knowledge ive gained over the past year

Also before there is any confusion my latency before the fix was the same speeds good data or fair access data this is not the issue my complaint before the fix was slow download speeds but actually ran better on fair access speed before the fix so i ate up my data to get to it since the fix my data just goes and thats fine but everything is bad now at all time evwn with faster speeds which im thankful for however there hardly faster off paper when downloading anything speed bounce all over then cuts off entirely then back on <<the download that is

Hi Daytona2013,

Thank you for the additional information. Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding your main concern: You were trying to do voice chat (online gaming?), it buffered too much, so you checked your latency and noticed it being 1200-1800 ms? 

Also where exactly were you getting the latency stats?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Microsoft's built in test same one i use to use always on my end same one that use to show my low latency levels before the previous fix so its just not that . As far as gaming yes im more than willing to do all the same test through purple,and exc that the last tech had me do it through ,But let me ask why since they fixed it do i show a "double NAT type (network address translator) this has to be the source of the issue ive done everything microsoft suggest to fix on there side they formed conclusion its my ISP's issue