cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues

Sophomore

Service issues

I was reading a recent post by a t.steven his problem is very similar to mine i am running test my Rtt has red X,s showing i have had many problems have probably 30 hr logged talking with tech on the phone they solved a speed issue i was having and replaced it with latency or ping issues and are trying to explain ping in the 1200 to 1500 is usual i show a double *Nat* type now and has been since repair texas techs ran, just had another test done for data loss came up empty i see with t.steven you guys replaced his modem ,first then set up a dish alignment courtesy as many problems as ive had no one has offered a real fix then i read this i think im going to just let this account go and except my losses same as i did with exede because this company told me it was better ,we should be protected against this kind of entrapment from companies like this. I think ill turn this info ive collected into my lawyers at Casa from my logs of data speeds and latency issues ive experienced since just weeks after installation maybe get my termination fees with exede and your co hughesnet covered for my troubles i would like someone to fix this if possible this will be my last attempt dont have time for this since i have so much time logged in this matter already
17 REPLIES 17
Sophomore

Re: Service issues

I should add that all of this started with very low speeds and capabilities in good data 700 latency max never went over which you have documented in my file i was referred to techs in texas then after they fixed my speed issues i was satisfied only to notice i had even less capabilities doing anything because my (ms),latency,and or ping is running 1200 up to 1800 at times never staying still ive tried complaining seems they just throw extra data my way and hope it will go away i even told the last tech i didnt want data i wanted a fix now im just letting my bill go if un fixed immediatly
Distinguished Professor IV

@Daytona2013

If you have your modem plugged into a power strip or surge protector please try plugging it directly into an outlet to see if it makes any difference.  Also, please make sure that the power plug going into the back of the modem is snug and not loose.  Please be careful with this plug, as it's delicate, but make sure it's not loose.  In addtion, please make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be any tighter than this, but it should not be loose.  

Please post back if any of this makes any difference.  Also, when you reply, please use punctuation so that the post isn't so difficult to decipher.  

On a side note, you are bound to arbitration, as per the Subcriber Agreement.  This means that your lawyer is not going to be able to do anything for you regarding HughesNet.    

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Sophomore

Honestly if it were this easy i would be frustrated even more at this point trying now thanks for the reply. Note i have not changed location or anything in this area that the installer placed it
Sophomore

Ok so loosened co ax then slightly tightened ,then unplugged power put directly into wall packet loss went to zero but latency 1429 range
Sophomore

Scratch that second test 6%packet loss so up and down 1520latency also
Distinguished Professor IV

@Daytona2013 wrote:
Scratch that second test 6%packet loss so up and down 1520latency also

Okay.  That's not good.  

I'll go ahead and tag the reps so that they will see this and reply.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, but it may take them a day or two to reply.  

In the meantime, if you don't already, please leave the modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary (they probably will).  

Also, please keep in mind, the reps who will reply to you on here are corporate based reps, unlike the phone reps, and they have direct access to the engineers, so you're dealing with a different level of help, here.  Smiley Happy  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Sophomore

Ok and thanks again i hope for the best
Freshman

plan for the worst, nothing will change. 

Sophomore

Cant argue with that im almost a year in been dealing with these issues since about 5 weeks after i signed basically made it past the date i could back out then all this started i have a minimum 30hrs logged on the phone with tech not including my time looking through router attempting port mapping exc in a chance i could figure out something they couldnt . Ive become pretty informed. Also this post has been up an entire day no one outside of gabeu last night has reached out