cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage day 4- Is it still snowing in Utah? Case # 46139272

Re: Service outage day 4- Is it still snowing in Utah? Case # 46139272

Thanks so much. I had an extra cable run when the system was installed. I'll switch it over this afternoon and see if that makes a difference. Either way, I'll post an update in the morning to let you guys know if that fix worked. Thanks everyone for the support! You're awesome!! 
Assistant Professor

Amanda, are you allowed to post a list of gateway locations for beams? I know it can be gleaned from the SCC but still not very clear for some beams.
Sure would help customers to see the weather report where their gateway is located.
I understand if this is considered sensitive information not for publication but never hurts to ask.  Smiley Happy
Advanced Tutor

That is what I meant the other day. Thank you for asking the question. I think I figured my is in Texas.
Highlighted

I would like to jump in here. My service is just now back up after being down for 4 days. Many calls to tech support only resulted in getting the bad weather excuse. I finally convinced my local dealer installer to come out and check the system. He replaced a couple of cable connectors and I am now back up. Don't accept the bad weather excuse. demand service. When the tech people cannot run there diagnostics because they cant see the modem, they resort the bad weather please wait and call back story. I knew it was not bad weather and there is no reason I should have to wait 4 days for that to be acknowledged. I should note that this is a new installation. Since install in early Jan. I have been down 4 times. 

Case # 46153844
Honorary Alumnus

Yup, at list of some sort would help.

Hello John,

I was able to set you up with that technician order. You may receive a call today or tomorrow to schedule the day for the visit. I hope you can find the fault of the cable to at least get some service before you've had the repair. We'll also provide the necessary credit for days without service.

Thanks,
Amanda
Assistant Professor

Sounds like a shoddy install if bad cable connections already on new system.

Hello sgoshe,

You're right that I may not be able to procure a full list. Deciphering is probably a good alternative. I will use Gwalk's for example. Under IP Gateway Association State, the first three letters indicate the location (BIL is Billings, MT - the others are easier to decode) and '31' is the beam number (easily found via some satellite footprint maps).

Thanks
Amanda
Assistant Professor

Thanks Amanda but I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out where "NOR" is supposed to be. Could be at least 3-4 different locations.

one and all i for agree for it would simplify a lot of questions and a lot of answers of as it or is part of some of these problems !!!!!