cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outage day 4- Is it still snowing in Utah? Case # 46139272

Service outage day 4- Is it still snowing in Utah? Case # 46139272

This is day 4 of my quest to get service restored. I called tech support and was told my service outage was due to bad weather in Utah (I live in Virginia). They told me it would be restored in a couple of hours. Next day: still no service, told outage in Utah still the problem, service will be back up in two to three hours, so hang on, and for my trouble I get a credit for the down time. Next day: Utah weather  must be simply amazing! Still no service but this time when I ask when service may be restored I am told that I need to talk to "advanced technical support". The tech takes my number and assures me I will get a call shortly from them. Today: still no service and no "advanced" tech support call. Thinking of starting a charitable organization to collect food and emergency aid for those poor, poor storm victims at the HughesNet center in Utah. All I want is an estimate on when service will be restored. 

39 REPLIES 39

Re: Service outage day 4- Is it still snowing in Utah? Case # 46139272

Hi John,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your service for so long. Your last case indicated an issue with the coaxial cable. Can you access http://systemcontrolcenter.com ? If so, there may be a red box at the top of your screen. Click that box and let me know what numbers are listed next to "System State Code" - this will help me diagnose what the current issue is.

Thank you,
Amanda

John, I live in Missouri and experienced the same problem but was told the outage was due to bad weather in South Dakota, after 4 days mine was finally working after many, many, calls to Hughes and many, many, questions. Also there is suppose to be a credit on my next months bill for the 4 days of outage we will see.

Hi Amanda,

I am at work right now and can not answer you at home since the system is down. But when I spoke with the tech rep yesterday the code read was something like 3.1.1 -broken or disconnected cable. I asked the rep about that and he said that was actually not the problem...the issue was and remained in Utah. The control center did indicate that the signal strength was hovering around 30. Don't know if this helps. Thanks!!

I'm on for crock pot slow cooker goodies Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply. Sorry you have had to go through this! I'm trying to keep smiling but gravity is pulling hard on that smile.

I always figured I would lose service due to sunspots not to selective global warming.

Oh my. I don't mean to trivialize the issues John is having, but that was the best post I have read in ages.  I laughed until I cried at the response that your problem is due to bad weather in Utah and that you live Virginia. Typical response of tech support in the tropics. Sorry to laugh, but I could not help. As for your problems, I totally sypmathize and cry with you. I do hope you get it resolved ASAP.

Hi Sally,

Users are assigned a beam based on their geographical location, then a gateway which is land-based. For example, if you live in Washington, DC - your assigned land-based gateway is in Salt Lake City, Utah. If severe weather impacts Utah, it will knock out service for customer's in the DC area. Gateways are strategically placed to be in locations where severe weather is minimal, but we cannot control weather, and thus end up in situations like this.

I hope that clears things up a bit Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Amanda

Hi John,

If this is true, I'd recommend checking that cable tonight when you go home. If you can, check if the coaxial cable is connect from: the modem to the wall, then from the exterior of your home to the dish. Right now, I'll go ahead and set up a complimentary technician to visit your home and double check the cables and replace/refit them if necessary. If they're loose now, they'll get loose again unless we have someone out there. I may have to check back with you again to set up a day and time for his visit. I really appreciate your patience with this.

Thank you,
Amanda