cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service upgrade

FJ

Service upgrade

Can someone please look into this. I don't have time to be on phone for 30 min or longer. I sure would appreciate it.
Contact Reason: Account - Service Plan - Upgrade
Case ID: 46719469
She said it would take an hr but that was yesterday and still nothing. She also said she would send me email with service agreement and I have not. I did get a Survey email tho. If you need more details, please contact me
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Service upgrade

Hello FJ,

Thank you for providing the case number ! I was able to quickly see what happened here. The representative encountered an error right after you got off the phone and was not able to complete the upgrade. We were able to complete it and confirmed you are also receiving $20 off for 2 months.

You can view the service agreement here: http://legal.hughes.com

Thanks!
Amanda
FJ

Thank you so much!!! I'm a bit confused though. I explained to her that we're in a Financial bind right now and I could not afford to be pro rated and she said she would take care of it. She did not mention anything about $ 20.- off for 2 months. She also said, we would get Smart Browsing. Is that the case?

Hi FJ,

Since the plan you moved to is the same price, there should not be any prorated fees. Unfortunately they may have been looking at the plan above, the Max plan, which has Smart Browsing. The Pro plan that you are on now does not have Smart Browsing. What was the initial reason you needed the upgrade - speed or data?

Thank you,
Amanda
FJ

Data. But I can't afford the higher Max plan. She did say she can upgrade Pro Plan with Smart Browsing. I don't know..
FJ

and why am I using So much Data? The only thing that is running on my Network, is my PC and It's just going down hill. Already disabled Web acceleration. I don't use that much when we're FAP. It's just wrong. No wonder we constantly run out of Data. The only site I have up, is this page and Support Center.

Hello FJ,

I am not sure why she said that, but the only plan in your area that offers Smart Browsing is the Max plan - where Smart Browsing kicks in after you have already exceeded your data allowance to help keep speeds normal when you're browsing the web.

I really recommend turning Web Acceleration on as that is the feature that keeps your service running faster. There is also a connected device on the modem coming up as a Netgear, which prompts me to ask, what other devices in the home may connect wirelessly?

Thanks
Amanda
FJ

Hi Amanda, Thanks for posting. Honestly, I wish you could throttle us back to maybe 6 MB instead of the 10 MB download speed. It's to fast which dwindles my Data faster. But I think it was my Teenage son yesterday who was on WIFI after I asked him to turn it of. He said he had a update on his PC.
Will there be Smart Browsing for the Pro Plan in my area any time, soon, maybe?
THanks

Hi FJ,

This is something we've had recommend in the past, and I am very sure Hughes is interested and exploring new plans to offer aside from our current ones. A lot of it depends on demand of certain styles of plans and internet trends.

As far as Smart Browsing being available in your area on a plan other than Max, I can't say for sure. It is a very popular feature we are hoping to expand on. I'd recommend occasionally checking the community or http://www.hughesnet.com/index.cfm?page=Plans-Pricing to see what is offered in your area at a certain time. Hughes is very good about sending updated flyers with new plans and offers though, so if you check your PO box or mailbox regularly, you'll find out there first.

Thanks,
Amanda