Setting Up PRTG Network Monitoring on HT2000W

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PTLA1844
Freshman

Setting Up PRTG Network Monitoring on HT2000W

I am attempting to set up a bandwidth/traffic sensor for the HT2000W on my installed PRTG Network Monitor program (Paessler AG). I have been advised by their technical support staff that the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) sensor would be the most likely choice for my device. I need an SNMP Community String and version number to do that. Does the HT2000W operate under the SNMP standard? If so, how can I access information related to the SNMP Community String and version number? I performed a search on this forum that returned NO information related to the SNMP standard. Any information related to this question woud be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pswired
Junior

I don't think the HT2000W supports SNMP (at least from the user LAN). I tried to snmpwalk my modem at its wifi router IP and at 192.168.0.1 and got no response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pswired
Junior

I don't think the HT2000W supports SNMP (at least from the user LAN). I tried to snmpwalk my modem at its wifi router IP and at 192.168.0.1 and got no response.

brian_patow

I had the same issue. What I ended up doing is setting up an PRTG Packet Sniffer with the "DestinationMAC[00-00-00-00-00-00]" set to the MAC address of the Wireless/Lan of the HT2000W.