Not sure if this is the right place....
I would like to setup the Ivp6, but am at a loss as to how to do it. Can anyone either tell me or point me in the right direction?
This is usually done via the network setup in your operating system. I've outlined what to do for both Mac and PCs, but do these at your own risk.
For macOS, in Settings, under Network:
1. Select the network connection you're using and click Advanced....
2. Then under the TCP/IP tab, next to Configure IPv6: you would select Automatically. You should then see IPv6 addresses appear under Router: as well as a local and public IPv6 Address / Prefix Length in the table underneath.
3. Then, under the DNS tab, you should see two IPv6-type DNS Servers listed. If not, use the - button to delete anything put there manually, and two automatic IPv6 DNS entries should then appear.
4. Remember to click Ok after you're done to save any changes you've just made.
For Windows 10, in Windows Settings, under Network & Internet:
1. Under Status, select Change Adapter Options.
2. This will bring up a Network Connections control panel, where you would select the network you want to change, and then select Change settings of this connection at the top.
3. This will display Ethernet (or whatever) Properties with a Network tab.
4. Scroll down and you should see an Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) item, which should be checked.
5. Selecting Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), click Properties.
6. This will display an Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) Properties display, with a General tab.
7. Both Obtain an IPv6 address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically should be checked.
8. Click OK on both Properties displays to save your changes, then kill the control panel window as well as the Windows Settings display.