Hughesnet Community

Sick and tired of PAYING FOR THIS CRAPPY SERVICE I have been trying for months to get help.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PenRoge
Freshman

Sick and tired of PAYING FOR THIS CRAPPY SERVICE I have been trying for months to get help.

For several months now my service has been awful service in and out my data running out in 4-5 days. This month in less than 6 days all 20gb of plan and 50gb of free zone was used. I have called done everything they ask you to do under the sun, they said that they was sending a technician out 3 months ago to fix the problem well he came out said the satellite had worked loose from the pole and was out of alignment and he fixed the problem I have called every week because it’s not fixed but they don’t seem to care. All the test the want me to do always shows I’m over my limit on data. I’m just tired of paying for something I don’t and can’t use. And dealing with people who don’t care and always put the blame on the paying customers. I can’t even remember the last month I even received my free tokens. So disappointed with gen5. It’s worse than dial up.
8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your data runs out because you use it, and this is why you keep going over limit. May want to learn to budget your data; that's your responsibility, not the company's.   20GB is not a lot, and if you'r'e streaming, that's where it's going. 

If you can't stand the service, call  866-347-3292 and cancel. 

This is a tech support community, not a ranting community.  If you want help here, you will have to run some more tests and work with the people who are here to help you.  Ranting is not going to help. 

Thanks so much for your information!! If I WAS STREAMING I WOULD BE HAPPY 😃. The problem is it’s not streaming anything my service is to SLOW to stream but again thank you.
maratsade

Bless your heart, I'm sure this is super frustrating, but the way to get issues escalated here is to run some tests and do some things that are required.  If you're willing to work with us here, we can help figure out what's going on, but since the data drainage happens on the side of the subscriber, you need to do a bit of detective work.  Are you game?  

@PenRoge wrote:
Thanks so much for your information!! If I WAS STREAMING I WOULD BE HAPPY 😃. The problem is it’s not streaming anything my service is to SLOW to stream but again thank you.

I will do anything! I have done testing all week so doing more today is fine
maratsade

Awesome!

Go to http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status
What's the state code?

Go to: http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/conn_dev_info

How many devices are connected?

Now, to get a documented test about data usage, use this protocol:

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Where-s-my-bytes-Testing-for-data-leaks/m-p/77194#M5...

Also, for speeds, use this protocol: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

If you are in FAP, your speeds will be reduced,  so you will need to hold off on the speed test protocol until you get your data back at the beginning of the period.

GabeU

@PenRoge 

Along with the question maratsade has about how many devices you have connected, if you can tell us what you have connected we may be able to help you figure out why you're going through all of your data in short order.  And by "what", I mean, as an arbitrary example, "A Windows 8.1 laptop, an Android Tablet, two iPhones, a Roku".  Again, those are just arbitrary examples, but that's what I mean by telling use what you have connected.  Knowing what you have will tell us where to start and how to go about it.   

If you're using your Bonus Zone data as well, and you're not actively doing something during that time period (2AM to 8AM), then chances are very good that one or more devices are automatically using the data on their own.  

You may also want to check your WiFi signal at the spots where you have devices that are connected via WiFi, as weak WiFi connections can cause higher data usage due to dropped data packets during the transmission.  You can use the HughesNet Mobile app for this.  It's available at Google Play and the App Store for Android and Apple devices, respectively.  

To the professor who criticized an individual for ranting about hughsnet crappy service. If i could cancel without paying a $500 early cancellation fee... I would. And if people want to rant on this site i can guarantee you that they have just cause. I moved 3 miles down the road. Gave up my microwave internet carrier in hopes of better service from hughsnet... What a surprise I was in for. Multiple calls to tech support and all they do is give me a few tokens to shut me up. The service SUCKS!. I have have the same identical devices as I had three miles away. And I cannot use them. I have to turn off wifi on my phone to get enough sleep through my att cell phone unless I wanna sit and wat h the wheel spin. I never used so much data with my other provider. Yes please.. let me cancel. Let me outta the contract you bold customers hostage with. Biggest mistake I ever made changing to hughsnet. The only thing i can figure is you all count up data use differantly from other providers. Attn everyone. Do not purchase hughsnet service. You will be sorry... As are 100 % of the hughsnet customers I have spoken with.

GabeU

@Jeffrey106 wrote:
To the professor who criticized an individual for ranting about hughsnet crappy service. If i could cancel without paying a $500 early cancellation fee... I would. And if people want to rant on this site i can guarantee you that they have just cause. 

"just cause" is irrelevant.  This is a support community, not social media.  If you simply want to rant, please use the latter.  If you want support, please ask for it.  If you want to give it, please do.  However, again, this is a support community, so please use it and treat it as such.  

Lastly, please refrain from insulting other community members.