cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of crappy service

rhondatuley
Sophomore

Sick of crappy service

I have called numerous time to get technical support. When I do get someone they don't understand because of the language barrier and when I do get another person I get the "your system is running at 96%" that's total horse crap!

I need a replacement modem asap. Been paying for the service and every time I reboot my modem the service gets WORSE! So far crickets from hughesnet.
Tags (1)
36 REPLIES 36
rhondatuley
Sophomore

Poor Internet

It is snowing in Missoula Montana is why my speed is slow! **bleep**. I have a masters degree in IT. No way that os affecting me in Texas. Stupid people in the Phillipines won't even set up a tech to come out!
Tags (1)
rhondatuley
Sophomore

Tech Support in the USA

How can I get a technical support person in the USA???
Tags (1)
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Tech Support in the USA

Many of the tech support people ARE in the USA.

You can also post your issue here.  

rhondatuley wrote:
How can I get a technical support person in the USA???

maratsade

Re: Poor Internet

Weather at your gateway affects reception at your site.  Site and gateway are in different states. 

If the diagnostics show that it's a weather issue, they won't send a tech, but you can always insist and pay for a tech visit yourself. 

You can post your issue here. Keep in mind that if you want to address speed issues here on this site, you will have to follow a required testing protocol. 

rhondatuley wrote:
It is snowing in Missoula Montana is why my speed is slow! 

rhondatuley
Sophomore

Think you have slow speed

Yeah. Using testmy.net and getting 4.9Mbps! Woo screaming speed. I need a refund for the other 20Mbps I am supposed to get.

Oh, and because my outside dish points SW I cannot geographically see how snow in Missoula Montana is affecting me in Texas?!?! Maybe I flunked geography?

By the way I work for a defense contractor in the US and required to work...
rhondatuley
Sophomore

Failed Backup

This internet issue for me is NOT new!!! My iphone and ipad have not been backed up at home in a year. I have to go to an ATT store or even starbucks and use their wi-fi to get it to back up. I honestly don't know why I have stayed with a service that is so bad.

Testmy.net just completed an upload test of 1Mbps! Unbelievable.

Someone anyone with tech support in the US please contact me
Tags (1)
rhondatuley
Sophomore

Re: Poor Internet

They said they would NOT send a tech even if I paid. This is not a new issue for me! My personal devices like my iphone and ipad have not backed up here at home in a YEAR maybe more due to poor signal
rhondatuley
Sophomore

Re: Tech Support in the USA

I have only been able to talk to people in the Phillipines. They refuse to transfer me to anyone in the USA
maratsade

Re: Think you have slow speed

The signal goes from the satellite to the ground station and from the ground station to your site. Weather at the ground station can affect weather at your site.  Speeds are not guaranteed, as is clearly stated in the subscriber agreement, which is available online. 

To have speed issues addressed on this site, you will need to follow the procedure outlined here:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport