Sick of crappy service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhondatuley
Sophomore

Sick of crappy service

I have called numerous time to get technical support. When I do get someone they don't understand because of the language barrier and when I do get another person I get the "your system is running at 96%" that's total horse crap!

I need a replacement modem asap. Been paying for the service and every time I reboot my modem the service gets WORSE! So far crickets from hughesnet.
36 REPLIES 36
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If the diagnostics show that your system is running at 96%, there's no reason to send you a modem.  

rhondatuley
Sophomore

This internet issue for me is NOT new!!! My iphone and ipad have not been backed up at home in a year. I have to go to an ATT store or even starbucks and use their wi-fi to get it to back up. I honestly don't know why I have stayed with a service that is so bad.

Testmy.net just completed an upload test of 1Mbps! Unbelievable.

Someone anyone with tech support in the US please contact me
maratsade

No one is going to contact you; you need to use phone, chat, or post your issue here, under Tech Support for speed issues.  You may want to stop posting all over the site, as this is not going to get you any attention and may get you banned. 

If you need to cancel the account,  you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

rhondatuley
Sophomore

It is snowing in Missoula Montana is why my speed is slow! **bleep**. I have a masters degree in IT. No way that os affecting me in Texas. Stupid people in the Phillipines won't even set up a tech to come out!
maratsade

Weather at your gateway affects reception at your site.  Site and gateway are in different states. 

If the diagnostics show that it's a weather issue, they won't send a tech, but you can always insist and pay for a tech visit yourself. 

You can post your issue here. Keep in mind that if you want to address speed issues here on this site, you will have to follow a required testing protocol. 

rhondatuley wrote:
It is snowing in Missoula Montana is why my speed is slow! 

They said they would NOT send a tech even if I paid. This is not a new issue for me! My personal devices like my iphone and ipad have not backed up here at home in a YEAR maybe more due to poor signal

They need to move my gateway to Dallas. It is 60 miles from me vs missoula montana that is 1,692 miles from my location.
maratsade

They don't move your gateway; they have their own procedures and reasons for why they put us on what gateways, and I believe they put you in the gateway that's best for your beam.  Gateway performance has likely little, if not nothing to do with the distance from the gateway to your site. 

You have now posted several times, but have not opened a ticket with an explanation of the issues and a link to your Testmy.net results page, as is required.  Right now you're spinning your wheels.There are people on this site who can help you, but thy're waiting until you follow the required procedures. 

rhondatuley wrote:
They need to move my gateway to Dallas. It is 60 miles from me vs missoula montana that is 1,692 miles from my location.

rhondatuley
Sophomore

How can I get a technical support person in the USA???
maratsade

Many of the tech support people ARE in the USA.

You can also post your issue here.  

rhondatuley wrote:
How can I get a technical support person in the USA???

I have only been able to talk to people in the Phillipines. They refuse to transfer me to anyone in the USA
maratsade

I don't believe they offer that service.  I would suggest that you post your issue here, in the Tech Support section, and explain what's happening. It seems you're having slow speeds that may be due to weather. 

What are the numbers next to State Code here?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

To have speed issues addressed on this site, you will have to follow this required procedure:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/td-p/110034

Numbers next to state code 0.0.0 -- fully operational

I am running the tests at testmy.net as indicated in the tech forum.

The issue I have is the inability to do any backups on devices. Cannot download or stream anything. Slow uploads and downloads or it just times out and quits because connection is lost. VOIP pixelates so bad you cannot use zoom or skype.

I am in the IT department at my job and the help desk pros laughed at the excuses I was given.
maratsade

• Streaming has been deprioritised in order to give priority to education and business applications. 
  • Your State Code shows the equipment is working as intended.
  • You may be encountering problems related to congestion and traffic on your beam. 
  • Latency may be affecting your web experience as well.

How do I get a priority as I work for the Dept of Defense? Invoke the Defense Act?

I am running the 5 minute apart tests and then will upload results. I dont see on the thread a link to create a ticket but will keep looking.
maratsade

I would probably approach the DOD and see if they can get you a different service.  I don't believe that if you are a regular subscriber, the company would give you any priority over other regular subscribers. 

To start a ticket, click on Start a topic.  Or just pick one of the topics you started already and stick with that one exclusively.

I am getting Nextlink. Neighbor one road over gets 23Mbps from them via satellite. But I need this service to work in the interim. I paid for it - I expect it to work properly. And it has not for a long while. But, kinda like driving with your check engine light on. My stupidity to keep something that has been sub-par and now it's broken and nobody cares. I know it is nobody on this forum's responsibility to help make things right. Hughesnet corporate is really to blame.
maratsade

Does the DOD pay for your service, since you're required to work? I hope they do.

Yes. I have been a remote worker for 3 years. My service with HughesNet really started getting bad about a year ago. My complacency just bit me in the behind because I hate change. My fault for sticking with a company that I am unhappy with.
maratsade

Very cool that 

• you can work at home
  • your workplace pays for it