Since Friday unable to maintain a connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FinalPam
Freshman

Since Friday unable to maintain a connection

I have made several calls to Hughesnet support and the problem persists. Friday my internet went down. I had previously been sent a new HT2000w modem, so I disconnected the old modem and (with several calls to technical support) got the new one functioning. Since then, I lose my connection every 10min-1hour and have to power cycle the modem to reconnect. It's not just the Wifi; this includes the direct line to my laptop. I called Hughesnet support several times and they tried to put it back on me, saying I must be "too far from the router" or "I was being throttled" or "it must be cloudy." I've been a Hughesnet customer for 10+ years and I am very familiar with the system, I know what to expect, and I know when the system is operational. There is a problem with my connection and I would really appreciate if the support staff could cut the bs and help me figure out what the problem is and fix it. 

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Good morning FinalPam,

Thank you for posting. Please let me know what state code you see whenever you lose connection. You can view the state code at http://www.systemcontrolcenter.com then clicking System Status at the top.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Here is the state code: 

12.7.2 -- A transmit problem has occurred

Hi FinalPam,

Thanks for the state code. I made an adjustment to your system, please power cycle the modem when you have the chance. Please monitor your performance for any improvements. If the 12.7.2 code persists, please let me know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks Liz, unfortunately I'm still losing the connection. This time it says 12.7.1 if that makes any difference. 

*Edit. Now my connection only lasts about 5 minutes before I lose it again. 

*5 mimutes later (7:48 pm. est) It went down again and said 12.1.9 -- A transmit problem has occurred

*(7:53 pm est.) 12.7.1 - a transmit problem has occurred

*(8:03pm est.) 12.1.9 a transmit problem has occurred

*Here's a new one : 21.1.4 -- Discovering the gateway followed by 21.1.5 -- Connecting to gateway followed by 21.1.4 -- Discovering the gateway followed by 21.1.5 -- Connecting to gateway...until I power cycled the modem. 

Good morning FinalPam,

Thank you for this information. I've dispatched a technician to do a complimentary review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Jan 2, 2020 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.