cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sling/Prime/Netflix streaming issues

Sophomore

Re: Video Streaming horrendous

Well I replied back with my findings yesterday 10/10 and now i see it never went through. Great!!

Tags (1)
Sophomore

-What are you streaming? (YouTube, Netflix, Facebook video, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

From Iphone

Amazon-worked, but took awhile to load

Sling-didn't work, constantly pausing even after adjusting setting to medium connetivity

-In what streaming quality are you watching? (480p, 720p, 1080p, etc.)

Sling med 1.2 mb/sec

amazon couldn't tell

-Is the Video Data Saver on or off (currentlty it's off).

was off

-What exactly are you experiencing when streaming, buffering, pixelation, etc?

some pixeling, mostly streaming interruption for no less than 10 seconds every couple minutes

-What time are you testing streaming?

This was around lunch time

I tried to use my android box after midnight and had to check speed test, no wasn't your recommended one but ooika? it showed less than 2 download at 1220 am cdt. I thought it throttled up then??

Distinguished Professor IV

@RonDvorak wrote:

Well I replied back with my findings yesterday 10/10 and now i see it never went through. Great!!

Your reply from yesterday morning about disabling the Video Data Saver and it not making any difference is there, if that's what you're referring to.  However, if you're referring to a reply to Liz's post from yesterday regarding the info and questions in it, I don't see any reply notifications in my email regarding such, so it likely never went through for some reason.  Smiley Sad

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

I replied to Liz questions a second time now and see that response didn’t go through.

All devices have issues with all apps.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@RonDvorak 

In that case I suggest editing your post from a few minutes ago to answer Liz's questions.  Click on the three dots to the upper right of the post, click Edit Reply, then add the info and post it.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Stream something on the iPhone and provide the following information:

I don’t use my iPhone to stream so I don’t see any use in this. My concern is my Roku tv

-What are you streaming? (YouTube, Netflix, Facebook video, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

Sling

-In what streaming quality are you watching? (480p, 720p, 1080p, etc.)

Medium

-Is the Video Data Saver on or off (currentlty it's off).

It was off during test

-What exactly are you experiencing when streaming, buffering, pixelation, etc?

Pausing of video. 10 seconds playback then 10 seconds of pausing or even black screen

-What time are you testing streaming?
Evening

Re: Sling/Prime/Netflix streaming issues

Hi Ron,

Please try disabling Interference Mitigation in your Roku to see if that improves your streaming performance. Here are instructions on how to do so:

https://sites.google.com/site/rokucomlinkaut/home/preventingrokudirectwi-fiaccessfrombreakingthrough...

Can you please tell me which Android boxes you're using? From your previous posts with the requested info, do you mean your Amazon Firestick and Sling box?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

When following that procedure I don’t get an interfaces option under the wireless secret screen.

My older android box is an Element Ti5 and newer one is a D905.

Thanks for the info Ron. I'm escalating your case to engineering for their insight. I'll post back once I have any questions or instructions from them.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

So on Oct 31, HN shows 19GB of data left. Spent the weekend at home, watched 2-3 shows of TWD on Netflix Friday and Saturday night, I had numerous streaming issues both nights, minimum of 4 per episode. Sunday morning shows 0 data remaining for the 16 days left. I spend only weekends at home, how in the heck is the data used so fast and especially with such poor quality and customer service.

I received a call from HN early in the week and I told him I wasn't home and couldn't do anything until Friday at which he told me to call in to tech support. Isn't HN suppose to be trying to fix my issues?? I'm so done with this company!! I want out of this contract because the service isn't providing what they said they would.