cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sling/Prime/Netflix streaming issues

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Sling/Prime/Netflix streaming issues

@RonDvorak 

If by TWD you're referring to The Walking Dead, and if you mean 2-3 shows in total, that's around 6-9GB in HD, give or take.  If you mean 2-3 each night, it's double that, at around 12GB to 18GB in HD, give or take.  Depending on the cause of the buffering, that amount can increase.  

Keep in mind that any other devices with an active connection to HughesNet can still use data, even if you aren't actively doing anything with them (updates, cloud connections, syncing, etc.).  I don't know if Liz can see what devices used the data and how much each used, but if she can I'm sure she'll let you know what did so.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Yes, The Walking Dead, but i have all my apps set to medium quality, assuming SD or lower, so no HD was used.

Good morning RonDvorak,

Our engineers are currently discussing your case. Once I have any instructions or news for you I'll let you know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi RonDvorak,

I see one of our techs visited your site today and made adjustments. Please monitor your system performance and let us know how it goes this week.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

The booster can’t hurt to try - helped with PlAyStation via wired connection to the booster. I know some of those Roku devices have an ethernet port. Another option might be buying an antenna with a very long distance / reception for live TV for when It gets too bad
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Ddranae 

The problem doesn't appear to be related to a WiFi signal issue.  Liz and/or the engineers would be able to see if this was the case through the remote diagnostics they run on the equipment, as well as tech seeing such during the site vist that was recently performed.  A WiFi booster, whether HughesNet's own or a 3rd party model, would be unlikely to help in this instance.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Spoke with the tech yesterday while he was there. Only a slight adjustment to the receiver to get better numbers. We watched sling for awhile and it had a lot of pixelating and some pausing yet. He said he wasn’t able to view the router to see what was connected but I disconnected all devices and he viewed the router still showing the lights blinking on the front.
Sophomore

I have in the past used the Ethernet connection to test the roku with same results.
New Poster

Re: Video Streaming horrendous

I have the same issues!! The only thing connected to the internet is main tv and it just shows for like 10 secs then buffers I can’t watch nothing on sling or Hulu! When my iPhone is connected to it it does the same thing! I’ve only had this service for almost two months and super hate it and that’s a strong word to use but by far the worst I’ve encountered.
Professor

Re: Video Streaming horrendous

If you're having those issues, then please start a new thread under Tech Support and explain your specific issues in detail. To start a new thread, go to the Tech Support page and click on Start a topic. 

Jennherrera wrote:
I have the same issues!! The only thing connected to the internet is main tv and it just shows for like 10 secs then buffers I can’t watch nothing on sling or Hulu! When my iPhone is connected to it it does the same thing! I’ve only had this service for almost two months and super hate it and that’s a strong word to use but by far the worst I’ve encountered.