Sling/Prime/Netflix streaming issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonDvorak
Sophomore

Sling/Prime/Netflix streaming issues

Well since my last post has gone to the bottom with no additional help I figured I would start a new one.

I tried to watch the opening night of the NBA last night using my sling account and of course I would get about 5-10 seconds of video and then 10-20 seconds of a black screen. This occurs on my Roku tv along with two android boxes that I have. ALL 3 do the same thing and nothing else is connected at that time also. The one thing in common is the internet provider.
I’m requesting that if this can’t be resolved by months end I need out of my contract so I can get a provider that does work.
30 REPLIES 30

I replied to Liz questions a second time now and see that response didn’t go through.

All devices have issues with all apps.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@RonDvorak 

In that case I suggest editing your post from a few minutes ago to answer Liz's questions.  Click on the three dots to the upper right of the post, click Edit Reply, then add the info and post it.

-What are you streaming? (YouTube, Netflix, Facebook video, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

From Iphone

Amazon-worked, but took awhile to load

Sling-didn't work, constantly pausing even after adjusting setting to medium connetivity

-In what streaming quality are you watching? (480p, 720p, 1080p, etc.)

Sling med 1.2 mb/sec

amazon couldn't tell

-Is the Video Data Saver on or off (currentlty it's off).

was off

-What exactly are you experiencing when streaming, buffering, pixelation, etc?

some pixeling, mostly streaming interruption for no less than 10 seconds every couple minutes

-What time are you testing streaming?

This was around lunch time

I tried to use my android box after midnight and had to check speed test, no wasn't your recommended one but ooika? it showed less than 2 download at 1220 am cdt. I thought it throttled up then??

Stream something on the iPhone and provide the following information:

I don’t use my iPhone to stream so I don’t see any use in this. My concern is my Roku tv

-What are you streaming? (YouTube, Netflix, Facebook video, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

Sling

-In what streaming quality are you watching? (480p, 720p, 1080p, etc.)

Medium

-Is the Video Data Saver on or off (currentlty it's off).

It was off during test

-What exactly are you experiencing when streaming, buffering, pixelation, etc?

Pausing of video. 10 seconds playback then 10 seconds of pausing or even black screen

-What time are you testing streaming?
Evening

I have the same issues!! The only thing connected to the internet is main tv and it just shows for like 10 secs then buffers I can’t watch nothing on sling or Hulu! When my iPhone is connected to it it does the same thing! I’ve only had this service for almost two months and super hate it and that’s a strong word to use but by far the worst I’ve encountered.
maratsade

If you're having those issues, then please start a new thread under Tech Support and explain your specific issues in detail. To start a new thread, go to the Tech Support page and click on Start a topic. 

Jennherrera wrote:
I have the same issues!! The only thing connected to the internet is main tv and it just shows for like 10 secs then buffers I can’t watch nothing on sling or Hulu! When my iPhone is connected to it it does the same thing! I’ve only had this service for almost two months and super hate it and that’s a strong word to use but by far the worst I’ve encountered.

Ddranae
New Poster

The booster can’t hurt to try - helped with PlAyStation via wired connection to the booster. I know some of those Roku devices have an ethernet port. Another option might be buying an antenna with a very long distance / reception for live TV for when It gets too bad
GabeU

@Ddranae 

The problem doesn't appear to be related to a WiFi signal issue.  Liz and/or the engineers would be able to see if this was the case through the remote diagnostics they run on the equipment, as well as tech seeing such during the site vist that was recently performed.  A WiFi booster, whether HughesNet's own or a 3rd party model, would be unlikely to help in this instance.

I have in the past used the Ethernet connection to test the roku with same results.

Hi Ron,

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!