cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sling tv IP Geolocation

New Poster

Sling tv IP Geolocation

Need to set my Gen5 modem IP Geolocation to my actual location in order to watch Fox Sports Midwest on Sling TV.
3 REPLIES 3
Associate Professor

Re: Sling tv IP Geolocation

Not really possible with Satellite Internet.  Everyone sits behind CGN, (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation), and all IP addresses are registered in a small handful of possible locations.  You, along with hundreds and potentially thousands of others sit behind what appears to be the same IP, and any one of those other customers could also be living in a totally different region of the country.

Most of the time, you will be appearing to come out of Maryland or defaulted to Kansas, but that will not always be the case.

New Poster

Corrosive - currently it comes up for Lebannon, Missouri (or Maryland or California) - de[pending on the IP locator I am using  - at least the Missouri one is the right state. Can I file with MaxMind to correct the geolocation of the IP that I am getting? Sling TV apparently doesn't just use your zip code on your account and if you are outside of your viewing area they blackout certain content (sports) - I am physically in the viewing area, but my IP isn't.

Associate Professor