Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speed Gen5 NW Washington

Sophomore

Re: Slow Download Speed Gen5 NW Washington

Freshman

I've been doing tests throughout the last couple of days, at different times and with the exception of one or two outliers it has been consistently slow...

I also admit, my family was able to watch 2 shows on Hulu last night and it had minimal buffering (which is what we expected) so kudos for that 52 minutes.

We do not operate, as a family, in "off peak" times and honestly, at this point, I could do better with a cellphone hotspot and an unlimited data plan.

This is beyond frustrating. 

https://testmy.net/db/Xx6cpvw4s

DM

I recently updated to the Gen 5 with Wi-Fi it’s terrible I spoke to them today which is January 2, 2018 told me I would probably need a booster or extender there’s cost 99 bucks one time fee.
Distinguished Professor IV

@DM

If you know that the problems you're having with WiFi is a range issue and a booster or extender would fix it it's good that you know the solution.  However, if you aren't sure it's a range problem and would like to troubleshoot it please start a new topic to do so.  You can do so by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the Tech Support section.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

I, too, am in NW Washington. Have had the service for about 3 weeks and it has been a total fail starting with the installer. No speed, tech support hoop-jumpimg, for no real reason; it's ridicuous. There are 100's of posts everywhere about speeds being un-usable, and not ever, not even ONE post ever about it being fixed.

They delete my comments here if I point his out, so if you have read this, you are both lucky and unlucky - as you probably are stuck in this contract as I am. 

Sophomore

if you're a lucky duck to be on one of the crowded beams, the "fix" is that engineering is working on it...........

JA
Freshman

When I clicked on the results link you posted, I see your average download speed is actually 13.1 mbs, not 32 as shown in the screen capture. Is that fast enough to watch a movie? 

Sophomore

Join the club....slow speeds, no support and broken promises. Lets see how long they can stretch the "we are working on it" excuse.

Notice how my post further down has no replies.....i guess i dont matter anymore

Distinguished Professor IV

@thomnmarcy

I think your post may have been missed, but are you still having the speed issues?  If so, and if possible, at some point this weekend could you get two or three more tests in?  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Also a new customer of about two months. I am on the other (eastern) side of WA state and don't know if that puts me on a different "band", but my download speeds have also been terrible. Very disappointed with this service to this point. I switched from another satellite internet company because I was told how much better the HughesNet performance was. Absolutely not the case so far. I would appreciate learning the procedure to evaluate my service (I've already run quite a few speed tests) and hope this situation will improve.