cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Download Speed Gen5 NW Washington

Re: Slow Download Speed Gen5 NW Washington

Good morning folks,

Thank you for posting and sharing your experiences. I do apologize that some of you have not seen much improvement yet. I just know that several operational changes started in mid-December, I don't have any details beyond that. We'll let you know once we have any other news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

For anyone who hasn't done so already, please start your own thread and post your testmy.net results URL in addition to a brief summary of what you're experiencing and when it started, e.g. slow download speeds at night or slow speeds at all hours since mid December.

Here are steps on how to do the requested speed tests that engineering requires should we need to escalate your case. Please create a testmy.net account and run 3 tests during the slowdown. Post your test results link in your own thread.

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-use the 12MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen4 Service Plan
-use the 25MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen5 Service Plan

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Hi LIz and thank you for your timely reply. I saw on another post in this thread where you had performed some remote diagnostics on another users system. I wonder if you could possibly do the same for me before I proceed with the new thread and all the tests. If there is a problem with my equipment we could get that resolved first. Thanks for your help.

Hi mtviewkm,

You're welcome. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

New Poster

Got your PM and not sure how to respond to a PM, but I will await further instructions on your part. Thanks!!

Freshman

@GabeU

Thank you for checking back in.  The issue is not resolved, by any means.  In fairness, there have been a couple of times where we've been able to watch some shows but in general, those are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Here are the results from tonight:

https://testmy.net/db/8wny3eNio

I've not regretted many decisions when it comes to services, over the years, but this is one I do.  When the salesman said, something to the effect of, streaming shows is approximately 1GB for about a 2 hour show, I thought our current plan (30GB) would be a reasonable place to start to figure things out.  Now approximately 6 days into the month and we are at 59% and haven't streamed a video once.  I know it isn't your fault, you're a volunteer (I presume) on a forum, but at this point my 56k modem and a phone line felt faster.  I'm really going to need to evaluate if there is any reason to not pay the penalty for cancelling and figure something else out rather than pay for substandard service over an extended period of time.

So thank you for checking back in, it is sincerely appreciated.

Good morning thomnmarcy,

Thank you for your patience while we worked to address your concerns. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page I'll send you a PM shortly to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Distinguished Professor III

@mtviewkm wrote:

Got your PM and not sure how to respond to a PM, but I will await further instructions on your part. Thanks!!

When you get a PM make sure to click on its title.  This will open it up and give you the option to reply if you need to.  The reply button will be to the bottom right of the message.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your patience. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Hi thomnmarcy,

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz