cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Gen5 download speed

Chris15
Freshman

Re: Slow Gen5 download speed

I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense to me. So in all my contacts with tech supprt and customer retention when it was indicated that there was plenty of usage remaining, you are indicating that my slow speeds are due to me using my data allowance. I have reference numbers of 108797053, 108539630, 108745843, 109055289, and 109055702 that are all regarding this problem. If the data has been used, the majority of it has been from running speed tests that I have been asked to do by HughesNet. I have not been able to stream anything as of yet with this service which it was indicated that it has the ability to do so. I have no idea as to how the data limit has been reached with speeds as slow as they are. I guess I will contact customer retention yet again and probalby waste another hour of my time in dealing with this to get no where yet again. If no one can resolve this issue I will just cancel my services and purchase crappy internet somewhere elsee for cheaper than HughesNet is charging.

Tags (1)
Liz

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the additional information. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

JeffG
Freshman

Hi Liz,

I'm chiming in again as I see Chris describing almost exactly my issue, that is my speeds remain the same whether I have data or not and mostly below 1Mbps. I get reloaded in two days and will be doing some speed tests per Gabe's testing protocols and posting results. I still have an outstanding case number (109296662) as I'm told Engineering is still working on my two month old issue. Below is a link to my test results from the Hughes site which I downloaded to an Excel Workbook and added notes. 

JeffG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gneyyd7erl00677/JeffG%20Speedtest%20Record.xlsx?dl=0

gforce

I have the same problem...  No one can solve the issue. I've had gen 5 for 6 months,  Gen 4 was much faster.  

JeffG
Freshman

Gabe,

You are correct, Direct TV is eating my data! There are too many ways to list but series recordings is one that will automatically download from PPV in HD if you don't have the defaults set correctly, that is if set for ALL Series Episodes on a Premium Channel it will jump to PPV for duplicate and/or reruns. It took a bit to figure this out as after my data is used up the D-TV cannot recored these shows "Due to Slow Internet Speeds" but as long as you have data they will record. Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Jeff G

PS: Still dealing with speed issues, Tech Support is slow but they are working on it for me.