Hughesnet Community

Slow Internet especially streaming (Netflix and Hulu)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
briannabertrand
New Poster

Slow Internet especially streaming (Netflix and Hulu)

I need help with the speed of my internet connection, in particular streaming like Netflix and Hulu. Netflix is incredibly low quality and take a minute or two to get started, and Hulu won't play at all. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with a technician going over a bunch of things to try to fix it and he was unable to. He said he would forward the problem to someone else and I should hear back in 3-4 days. He also threw in that Amazon Prime was basically totally incompatible with HughesNet. I'm paying the bill for this service now and want this resolved ASAP. I had this internet installed less than 2 weeks ago and I've had this problem the entire time. I'm wondering if it's just satellite internet in general and I need to look elsewhere for internet. I'm very frustrated because there aren't many internet options for me at my location (on the outskirts on New Orleans but it might as well be a third country as far as internet providers are concerned, apparently) and I need this to work as it should/I need it to.
2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The technician didn't give you accurate information, as Amazon Prime works fine with HughesNet, as do Hulu and Netflix.  However, all 3 are finicky when it comes to congestion, satellite latency, and internet latency. 

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

If you have any other options for internet, you can always try those. 

Liz

Good morning briannabertrand, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!