cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed HELP

Liz

Re: Slow Speed HELP

Hi, thanks for letting me know that toggling VDS doesn't make a difference.

Nothing new from engineering since last I posted, but we typically check in with them on a weekly basis. I'll ask in our weekly meeting and let you know if there's anything new. Before then, I would also like to know if changing the quality setting in Amazon Prime makes any difference?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz-

Yes, my Amazon settings were already set to good. Sorry didn't mention that...

Appreciate it-

Liz

Hi Maui1957,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers investigated. They've developed a fix to improve Netflix streaming and they're rolling this out next week. Next week please monitor your Netflix experience and let me know if you notice any improvement.

Since you also noted that Amazon Prime Video also buffers, we'll continue investigating outside of the Netflix issue. I'll keep you posted on that.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz-

Thanks for the update on Netflix.I hope that improves our ability to watch TV..Has there been in progress in why my  testing results are as slow as if I was out of data?  We were able to get 10 mbps or greater just a month ago and things all of the sudden just seem to go slow...

Thanks

Liz

Good morning Maui1957,

We're also still looking into the general internet performance as well. I'll keep you posted once I have any updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Liz

Hi Maui1957,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address these streaming concerns. Just got news that the fix was rolled out. Can you please check if Netflix shows any improvement? Can you also check if you notice any difference with Amazon?

If no difference try it with VDS on and off, any change there? Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

Maui1957
Freshman

I will check it out and let you know how it goes! fingers crossed....

Thanks

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz-

Tried to watch Netflix in the evening yesterday- Tried both ways with VDS on and off(no difference) and during a 40 min program it buffered 20-25 times so I can say that I did not see any improvement to previous experience. Smiley Sad

We will check Amazon sometime today...

Thanks

Liz

Good morning Maui1957, 

Thank you for checking and letting me know. Can you please tell me more about the set up when you tried watching Netflix last night? Was it on the native Netflix site on a hardwired, isolated device? It's ok if it wasn't, I just wanted to know under what conditions you experienced the buffering. If it wasn't like how we normally troubleshoot (wifi off, watching on a hardwired device) please try that as well and let me know if any difference there.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz

Tried to watch Netflix on TV wired directly via ethernet cable. I tried all the various combinations that we have gone over previously and no difference. I looked back on this thread and realized that this is issue has been going on for over 5 weeks now. I certainly hope we can get resolution to this issue soon....

Thanks