Slow Speed HELP

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maui1957
Freshman

Slow Speed HELP

I had slow speeds back in October and something was fixed and its been working well. Now all of the sudden I have very slow speed when on-line and when trying to stream netflix. I have reset modem twice and am trying to run the required tests however 2 25MB test is taking approx 10-15 minutes to complete. 
I am out of data for the month however I have 29 GB of tokens available as I knew i would be running out before the end of the cycle and should not be slowing down based on purchasing those tokens....Here are the test results. 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Toad1957

51 REPLIES 51

Good morning Maui1957, 

Thanks for this update. OK, our engineers would love to get on a call with you for live troubleshooting. It's unclear to them as to how this buffering is continuing despite trying to optimize for best performance, so they want to gather data while you're experiencing the buffering and trying some options. Please let me know when you're free to troubleshoot for about an hour (we're on Eastern Time) so we can coordinate the engineers.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks Liz-

I was away several days last week for work . I will try to find some time that I can call and spend that time not working. I will let you know what times work so we can coordinate

OK great, looking forward to hearing back!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz-

We have had storms this week so I don't think it would be a good idea to look into this when the weather could be effecting results. I will look to next week to get some times to you..

Thanks for letting me know, Maui1957! The engineers would agree to that; I'll keep your thread open as long as you need.

-Liz

Liz-

Wanted to provide an update after our storms have pretty much passed now. So during the day we seemed to be able to watch without buffering(at least for 2 days this week) however, in the evening we have not been able to watch without buffering and  blurriness. Not sure that contacting engineering during your working hours will result in any issues that they can watch while on with me. I would still like this to be looked into however, until I have some issues in the working hours I will not be trying to coordinate time with engineering as I feel it would be a waste of time until I see the same issue again.

Hi Maui1957,

Thanks for your reply, so lately you've just been having the issues in the evening, I see. I'll at least let them know of your update and should I have any additional news for you, I'll post back.

-Liz

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Not to dismiss the issue or interfere in the investigation in any way, but what's being described as happening with the two days mentioned sounds a lot like typical evening congestion.

Good morning Maui1957,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers investigate your case. I just got off a call with them and they would love to get on a call with you next week in the evening when you tend to experience this unusual performance. Please let me know if you have any availability for a live troubleshooting session and what times. The session can be limited to an hour if needed for your convenience.

Looking forward to hearing back!

-Liz

Maui1957,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

-Liz