cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed HELP

Maui1957
Freshman

Re: Slow Speed HELP

I am currently connect directly via ethernet and I am trying to watch netflix via netflix.com and am still having  slowness and buffering issues.  I also ran the test on my speed again and here are the results-

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Toad1957

Avg today is 0.46 Mbps- not even 1

Liz

Hi Maui1957,

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Maui1957
Freshman

So every place watch netflix is still buffering- I understand you are trying to help the situation however the download speed is as slow as if I went over my data limit, which I am signed up for the 50 GB to ensure I don't exceed.-

HughesNet disclamer-

It will never disconnect you or charge you for going over your data limit, but you will experience reduced speeds of 1–3 Mbps once you hit your limit. That’s still enough speed to check email and use messaging apps, but expect buffering if you’re trying to stream the latest release from Netflix (or any other streaming platform).    

last test was .46- absolutely Ridiculous- 

Liz- I appreciate your assistance however, the steps of testing seems to be the same as I previous have done. If I can't get a connection better than .46 mbps and you are not seeing any issues however, I had good connect a few days back doesn't make any sense to me. I need to be able to work and should be able to watch TV. I have you guys to to that as well as Direct TV to watch live TV. I don't understand what could have changed in a day or two to slow us down unless its that we were pretty close to end of our period however, we had tokens to use to not slow us down.  

As I stated in my PM is I can't load what you wanted me to do and No I don't have another PC to load it onto. 

Liz

Good morning Maui1957,

Thank you for trying, I'm just trying to rule out possible root causes and get the information our engineers want to help them investigate your concerns. I'm checking with engineering for their input on your case so far. I'll post back once I have any updates/addition questions.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Ryan11433
Sophomore

I really don't watch Netflix on Smart TV anymore but yes I stream directly using Firefox browser from workstation through HDMI cable as I already found this solution some years ago. Of course it was working for awhile using Smart TV's Netflix software but not as much lately again. By the way thanks for the notification.

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz- I have been working else where for the last few days but ran another test today when I returned-

Average today is 1.39 Mbps

Any update from engineering?

Tags (1)
Liz

Hi Maui1957,

No need to keep running speed tests. I did just hear back from the engineer, he's interesting in knowing how streaming goes at 9 am. I understand the timing may clash with work, so please try at your convenience.

-Liz

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz-

Just tried streaming and the buffering and slowness is still occuring at 9:00 am. Stops to buffer about every 1 to 1 1/2 minutes..

Liz

Thank you Maui1957, I'll relay this to the engineer, I'll post back with any updates/further instructions.

-Liz

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz-

Any updates on my slow speed? I am once again forced to go to a friends house in the city to work for a few days as I cannot connect to meetings (video on required for some of my meetings) as well as other limitations that I am having. Again, I should not have to drive 2 hours to another location to work when I pay good money each month for service. We are going on 2 weeks and still no resolution.  I just want what I pay for. We only have 2 options in our area and based on reviews I read Hughesnet is the better one but I am beginning to wonder. How can we get this issue resolved?