cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed HELP

Liz

Re: Slow Speed HELP

Good morning Maui1957,

Our engineer is still investigating your Netflix streaming concern since you stated "I am mainly concerned with the buffering and slowness not allowing me to watch our TV."

However, if you would like us to refocus on your work-related concerns, which sounds like a more pressing matter since you have to go to a friend's house, please let me know what you're trying to do online for work. Are you using Zoom? Microsoft Teams? Google Docs? I suggest reviewing our work from home resource and try the tips there to see if they help: https://hninfo.us/worktips

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz-

I need both to work correctly so I can't really say to focus on one over the other. I have had training for the past few weeks and that is why I have had to go to a friends house for the past few weeks to have better connections for downloading data as well as conferencing on both Zoom and Teams. Training will be completed on 2/17 and I should be able to return to our home for the rest of this week and forward. I have been able to work around the slowness for work outside of this training requirement (which happens once a year). When we return we will then once again want to be able to watch TV (especially my husband while I am working during the day as he is retired). 

Appreciate all your help!

Liz

I see, thanks for the clarification. Even though your training is ending in a couple days, could you please describe the challenges you've encountered trying to use Zoom and Teams?

I would imagine that your training involves videos or other visual element, so joining meetings/sessions with audio-only isn't an option, would you agree? I ask because I recall one of the suggestions at https://hninfo.us/worktips is to only join with audio.

Regarding Netflix, I'll let you know once I hear back from the engineer; I already passed along your update that even in the morning there's buffering.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz-

Correct for most of my meetings, etc. I will join with my cell phone for audio and via the app for just content sharing. During this required training I am required to join video as well and either could not join or if I got video connected it would be buffering slow and people could not see me or I would freeze up. Our training is done my a third party and part of their requirement to certify completion of training is to have confirming video of attendance. My normal day to day work based on current duties will allow that I just call into meeting via my cell phone.

Hope that helps

Liz

Thank you, this feedback is certainly what we want our engineers to see. 

-Liz

Maui1957
Freshman

I am now back at our house and once again we are buffering every 10-15 sec when trying to watch netflix. I need some resolution to this issue. Is there an escalation path? I don't think I should be paying for something that I can't use. 

Any word from engineering? today's testing below

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Toad1957

.79 Mbps---unacceptable

Liz

Good morning Maui1957,

Thank you for your update, we just need to know how your experience is with the streaming, no need for speed tests until further notice. Your case is already being investigated by a corporate engineer who specializes in video streaming. I brought this up with our head engineers and learned that they've been looking into Netflix and been in contact with their folks, as engineering also noticed a change in  Netflix performance as well. 

You mentioned a while ago that other services buffer as well? At your convenience, can you please specify what other services those are and test them just as you did with Netflix? (Wifi off, computer directly connected by ethernet, watching on native site in morning and at your usual viewing time.)

I'm also sending you a PM with further details, so please check your inbox.

Thanks,

Liz

Maui1957
Freshman

Thanks Liz-

Amazon has been pixilated and blurry but does not buffer as often as Netflix- I understand focusing on the streaming as that is our most frustrating pain point currently however, I still don't understand the slow test speeds which is why I have been running them. I will no longer post the test speeds while my speed is under investigation.  

Liz

Hi Maui1957,

Thanks for letting me know that videos on Amazon Prime are pixelated and blurry. If you switch the playback quality to Good (I think their scale is Good-Better-Best), does the pixelation and blurriness persist?

Please also try disabling Video Data Saver to see if you notice a difference there and let me know.

Thanks,

Liz

Maui1957
Freshman

Liz-

I am sorry for the delay- I did turn that off and it didn't make any difference. Any update from engineering?