Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds hn9000

Highlighted
Sophomore

Slow Speeds hn9000

Hi.

My system has slowed down the past few days. I have reset the modem. Connected directly to the modem. Have been waiting because sometimes it does"Heal" itself but it still hasnt so I decided to write.

Everything looks good on System control center page.

Link to my test results.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Sunlightbywheel

Thanks 

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Slow Speeds hn9000

@Sunlightbywheel 

The reps won't be back until Monday, so it may be beneficial to get a few tests in tomorrow and then Sunday so they have a few day's worth to see.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, and they usually respond within a working day.  I'd also make sure to stick with the 3MB file size that you've been using for these recent tests for the sake of consistency.  

@Liz @Remy @Damian 

Edit:  I should add that, come Monday, it would be a good idea to leave your modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  I mention this in the off chance that you unplug your HN9000 modem when your'e not using it.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks... I ran a few more tests over the weekend and is still consistently slow.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Your file size for download tests should be 25MB, not 3MB, though it may be different for your modem.  I hope a rep will clarify. 

Highlighted

@Sunlightbywheel,

Thank you for posting again. I am sorry to hear you are still having an issue with the service. Because you are on our Gen 4 service and currently have an HN9000 in which we no longer manufacture, we are limited on what we can do remotely. Right now, your equipment appears to be fully operational, however, I do see light cloud coverage which is enough to slow service down but not knock it out completely. I do not believe the weather is the only factor as it is not cloudy every day. Since you already reset the modem, please check for obstructions to the dish such as tree coverage. 

-Damian 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

Your file size for download tests should be 25MB, not 3MB, though it may be different for your modem.  I hope a rep will clarify. 

@Damian @Liz 

If speed testing should be continued, could one of you clarify which test sizes should be used for speed testing with H9000 based Gen4.  I thought 3MB was okay for download tests for that particular service, but it's been a while since I've seen speed testing with that system discussed, so I may very well be wrong.  If no more speed testing is required, please indicate. 

Thanks.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

There is nothing obstructing the dish. Connections all Ok. Liz suggested the 3mb download limit for testing in the past.I assumed that was still OK. I do not believe anything is wrong with my equipment. In the past it has always been something with the gateway I am on or something the engineers have had to  tweek. Last year I had everything changed,new Modem and new head at the dish and it still was a out and all it took was the tech to make a phone call to their tech number. After 18 days without service and many hours on the phone it worked but there was no problem with the equipment.

Thanks

Highlighted
Sophomore

Damian,

There is nothing obstructing the dish. Connections all Ok. Still slow and having to refresh pages several times to get them to load. 

Thanks

Highlighted

@Sunlightbywheel,

Thank you for checking. 3MB is still an acceptable test size for Gen 4.  Please allow some time for a solution as I will now need to escalate your case internally. You will see a response from me soon either updating you on the status of your escalated case or with a solution/troubleshooting method. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We will now be investigating your issue deeper. 

-Damian    

Highlighted
Sophomore

Ok, Thanks