cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Upload speeds

Slow Upload speeds

We have had pretty decent download speeds, but our upload speed has yet to reach the threshold of 1.2 MBps that we should have with our Ultra plan. I have done repeated tickets and been upped to Advanced. Last Friday and again tonight I was told a tech would call, and received nothing. They tell me they left me a voicemail last Friday but I didn't receive one. All I have been getting is a run around and no results. Looks like I am not the only one with issues but I am paying for something I am not receiving. Pretty frustrating to say the least. Reviewing all of my messages that I have sent through the e-mail ticketing system might provide someone some interesting reading.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Slow Upload speeds

Yea!!! upload is slooooooooooow, what FTP do you use?  I use FileZilla and it it is fairly good but seldom get one mega bite up.  The transfer rate however doesn't always depend on the connection speed it also has to do with the server uploaded to.  There is a big difference between connection speed and transfer rate.  It is very common to get a 1.2Mb or higher connect but a transfer rate of 100k or less.  This is why you may get a 5Mb connect but the file you are downloading has a transfer rate of 100k and sometime even less.  This is on the server side not the connection rate.  It don’t make a hole lot of sense but that is the Technology at work. 
Assistant Professor

You didn't say, do you do a lot of uploading? Uploads are slow in general. Is it impacting what you want/need to do on the internet? I am usually below the threshold but really don't care as long as it doesn't affect file download and browsing speed. Ultra plan also and around 1 Mbps is about average.

PS: Uploads count towards your data allowance.
Alum

HI jbbestul,

I see this is your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear your expectations are not being met. Using you profile info I was able to pull up your account. I see that your request for us to contact you at 5:30 pm central time was noted. If you still are not contacted please let us know. We'll make sure that this is taken care of. 

I also checked your speed tests results and they do look relatively good. As sgoshe mentioned, knowing what tasks you are trying to perform, would give us a better understanding of what you are experiencing with upload performance. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris